What to bring on a liveaboard... for the crew?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would take rechargeable batteries, e.g. AAA, AA, C and/or D, and a dual voltage charger. Then leave them with the crew.

If you are on the United Airlines Island Hopper out of Hawaii to Chuuk, when on Kwajalein wave out the window, I might wave back :)

I bring the entire crew tip in small denomination U.S. dollars. So the purser can distribute it immediately.

Find out about any OTC medications/creams/bandages etc they might need - they pack small. Some of it is dollar store items. I bought a "brick" of generic neosporin once for around $50 and left it with a local clinic - my friends brought bandaids, q-tips and other stuff on a list they had on their website - the nurse said that would last them a month.

I would take rechargeable batteries, e.g. AAA, AA, C and/or D, and a dual voltage charger. Then leave them with the crew.

If you are on the United Airlines Island Hopper out of Hawaii to Chuuk, when on Kwajalein wave out the window, I might wave back :)

New York-Seoul-Guam-Truk

Give me 15hrs to Seoul or Tokyo - in a new A380 with REAL "three cabins" First Class - anytime!

Korean-Air-A380-First-Class-Cabin-Suites-1.png

UA's "Business First" to HNL is a joke. And HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-hop-hop-hop-TKK? I'd shoot myself before I'd go via HNL and the island hopper.

New York-Seoul-Guam-Truk

Give me 15hrs to Seoul or Tokyo - in a new A380 with REAL "three cabins" First Class - anytime!

UA's "Business First" to HNL is a joke. And HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-hop-hop-hop-TKK? I'd shoot myself before I'd go via HNL and the island hopper.
My back is used to the Economy Class "slouch"; An old United Airlines Boeing 777-200 for both LAX-HNL & HNL-GUM flight legs, last outboard row Seat 51B aisle in front of the Port side "water closet" (at least the old jetliner has WiFi installed now!)

Give cash gratuities to the Dive-Ops Manager to distribute to the crew (Truk Stop Hotel conveniently lets me use my credit card for tips); do not give a group tip to an individual Chuukese Crewman because they sometimes "forget" to share with their fellow co-workers & keep it all for themselves. Be prepared to leave your back-up light(s) as a donation as well. . .

Do me a favor RJP, and give Dive Guide Nuwa at Truk Stop Hotel/Truk Lagoon Dive Center a spare AA Alkaline battery for his newly donated Petrel Computer (I just bought a Petrel2 as replacement!).

Do me a favor RJP, and give Dive Guide Nuwa at Truk Stop Hotel/Truk Lagoon Dive Center a spare AA Alkaline battery for his newly donated Petrel Computer (I just bought a Petrel2 as replacement!).

Officially on my "to do" list...

FullSizeRender_1_.jpg

I was getting a good response to leaving behind new smb.

New York-Seoul-Guam-Truk

Whaat! And miss out on this. You never know whats gonna happen on the island hopper Brah!

I'm sure its all the same up there in first class, warm nuts and all.

Yes, actual photo from the island hopper.

thailand%20212_zpsiriwvufz.jpg

Last edited:
Can't tell from the picture . . .did the passenger at least have a Lava-Lava on?

---------- Post added February 28th, 2015 at 05:26 AM ----------

UHHHhhhh.....do I want to know what he is doing with his hands?
Hey Allison! You must have seen a few "Head Hunter" natives in PNG . . .like on the Port Moresby to Hoskins/Walindi Flight?

Last island hopper a chick puked and then the plane stunk for the next 4 hops. I hate the hopper

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom