What to bring to dutch springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mon through Fri is better than the weekends (less crowded). Then you can usually park near the entries (the rest of the week DS has a drop off gear & go park elsewhere policy, unless you have reserved ahead of time).

Sat AM is a zoo at the water entrances. The place is large enough though that once you get in & away from the platforms, it isn't wall to wall people.

Actually the best diving we've had there is when a brief t'storm chased everyone else away so that the Frau & I practically had the place to ourselves

DS gets cold in a hurry as you go deeper. Don't stint on wetsuit thickness, hood, gloves etc.

When we were there 2 weeks ago, they weren't doing enriched air fills. There can be a line at the fill shed if you need fills, so do that early in your surface interval.

As an update, Nitrox was up and running again, thankfully.

It will be a good time I am sure, also I would suggest buying your airfills up front, speeds the process. And also be advised beverages of the adult nature aren't permitted even on the overnights. (not that I see the adult beverage police all the time!)

They also do a night dive on Saturday nights if you stay over. Interesting I am sure, but since I am only an hour away I haven't actually stayed a night.

Have a good trip!

They also do a night dive on Saturday nights if you stay over. Interesting I am sure, but since I am only an hour away I haven't actually stayed a night.

Note that you don't need to stay over to do the night dive.

Oh! One more thing to consider when at Dutch....A must have...Bring some sort of overhead shade device.

FWIW if you are staying overnight, you can drop tanks off at the fill stations as they are closing. The will tag them and give you a pick up check and you can get them first thing in the morning already filled with no wait. Otherwise the fill station gets busy quick.

This is a good idea as the line is annoying... Just make sure you buy the tickets online more than 48 hours in advance. From someone who knows... :idk::D

But you'll probably have to stand in line anyway... everyone has to fill out a Waiver unless you've already been there this year.

Looks like everyone has made all the useful suggestions. Don't forgot to bring great dive buddies or at least meet up with some great dive buddies! :)

Just get there super early to be able to get a table, then you will be able to avoid setting up on a tarp. Its annoying donning your gear on the ground. LOL..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom