What to do after the dive day...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Michigan, many dives are in pretty cold water. I often will bring a cooler with four to six gallons of hot water. I use the water in my 7mil before I dive (keeps the chill out longer). That same cooler works real well for transporting my wet suit home after diving. Most everything else goes in a water proof bag. When home, everthing gets rinsed and hung.

uh-oh. this reminds me, mine is still in the truck from yesterday.

USUALLY, I take my SP roller bag and the big plastic camera tub from the driveway to the pool and throw my hose into the tub with a cap of shamppoo.

My big tip is that now I can leave my hatch/trunk open because the lights all shut off after a minute and the battery does not die. It is a carport, so it is airy and I always leave it open to air out.

FRank---I don't think I could rinse before the beer.

catherine96821:
uh-oh. this reminds me, mine is still in the truck from yesterday.

PEEEEEEEE-YEWWWWWWW! :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I store it until I get home, the lay it out to dry, nothing worse than putting on a cold damp wet suit the next day

I have a small car. Tanks, regulators, BC (or wing) and wetsuit go into trunk as is. Boots are muddy/sandy; I do not want them touching other stuff, so they go on the floor of the car. Flag also goes in the car; it won't fit in the trunk. Cooler with lobsters goes onto back seat. Everything else that had been in the sea goes into duffel bag, and the bag into trunk.

When I get home, I dump out the duffel bag on the deck, take the suit, boots and tanks to the same deck, and hose everything down. Wash regulators in a utility sink. Put BC (or wing) into tub and wash it later -- sometimes during my shower. Flag almost never gets washed -- I just hang it up in the garage.

Perfect ending for the day -- freshly cooked lobsters and a glass of Merlot!

After my gear comes back from diving, whether I'm at home or in my hotel room, I rinse everything again in the shower, then hang everything. Things get pretty crowded particularly if it's a shower in a cruiseship cabin.

Do you try to keep your wetsuits away from everything else or can they all go into the same bag wet?

I stowe my gear like the anal retentive carpenter skit on SNL. I spend 7-8 straight hours drying, cleaning and individually packaging each and every piece of dive gear , then when later I find one grain of sand or drop of moisture on any on epart, I throw it all away and buy all new dive gear.

everything but the reg goes into a big rubbermaid tub. Reg goes in a small rubbermaid tub. Then everything gets rinsed and hung when I get home and of course there is a beer involed while it dries.

Back
Top Bottom