what to do for next 6 weeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch0ppersrule

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, if you had surgery and couldn't dive for a minimum of 6 weeks what would you do to pass the time away? No physical activities for 6 weeks, no driving for 4 weeks.

Learn to write a computer language or master a program I have that I never mastered, like Photoshop.

Watch every free movie on digital cable?

Cooking is out, pots and pans can be heavy.

Good luck.

Sort your photos that you haven't put into albums. Read books. Take up a musical instrument. Learn a language. Get started on writing a novel. Contemplate. Take up Zen or some other form of meditation. Learn calligraphy. Work jigsaw and crossword puzzles.

sort out your photos. scan old ones, even the old family ones. practice with photoshop, fireworks, dreamweaver etc. fix up or set up your website gallery.

research your next dive trip, read, watch oprah and doctor phil and judge judy.

spend your time looking out your window with binoculars, writing down the comings and goings of the neighbours. become the el'freako in the street so charity collectors, salespeoople and girl guide cookie sellers will avoid you :D

oh, and get better so you can be grateful when you get your normal life back and enjoy the rest of it!

Watch Rear Window...with Jimmy Stewart:D

Paul in VT

ch0ppersrule:
Okay, if you had surgery and couldn't dive for a minimum of 6 weeks what would you do to pass the time away? No physical activities for 6 weeks, no driving for 4 weeks.

Have someone else drive you to the divesite and ready your kit, after which they could help you into your drysuit and handle your kit when you get back out :D Hey doc, I didn't drive, and I certainly didn't do any heavy lifting or strenuous activities. Not far from the truth in my house. But at least I didn't try jogging home from my vasectomy like one of my buddies.

ch0ppersrule:
I wasn't allowed to dive for 2 months after a DVT, altho driving short distances wearing support socks was fine. But then, I often go 2 months without diving, and it didn't interfere with my Dec practice dives or late Dec dive trip. :pilot:

Not driving for a month would be really hard on a country Texan, but bottom line - you do what you have to do, then whatever else is allowed.

I know you have a good bus system there, and a host of other sights & activities that the tourists enjoy - many of which you as a local may not have tried. Try some?

Take care of yourself now....

music-smiley-017.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom