What to Do in Orlando (That doesn't cost a ton)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WI Scuba Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
West Bend, WI (about 30 miles north of Milwaukee)
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I'll be in Orlando next week for 5 days. I'm signed up to do the Epcot dive, and plan on doing the usual Disney stuff on Thursday and Friday. But since my funds are somewhat limited this trip, I thought I'd ask the locals what they recommend for fun things to do/good food/deals/etc. that don't cost a ton. I'm going to be at the AmeriSuites on Calypso Cay Way in Kissimmee (and wasn't planning on renting a car) - so anything you can suggest will be appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Dave

Millers Ale House! Church Street Station... visit NetDoc if he's around... or Simbrooks.. or ScubaFool or Cardzard... then there is fossiling on the Peace River just about an hour or so south.. a drive into the Ocala National Forest or diving Alexander Springs isn't bad either.

I'm going to Disney World

dlndavid:
I'm going to Disney World
Yes, but the cost to go to the mouse house can be cost prohibitive at times.. I can think of WAY MORE things to do that cost less than the Mouse House...
OH,.. Cape Cannaveral is 45 minutes off.. its kinda neat to go see all the space junk :D

So is the mouse house in Orlando any better than SoCal?

The Disney park here in many places looks run down, and so 50's -60ish.

What is Miller's Ale House?

Duno, never been to the CA one, but the Orlando one is always getting 'updates' to it. Though, they took out 20000 leagues under the sea and put in that cartoon "little mermaid" stuff with a slipsafe rubber mat ground so the kids could have a small water park to burn off sugar in while the parents wonder "why did we come here for 50ish bucks a person we could have set up a sprinkler at the hotel pool"...

Millers Ale House - goooooood EATS! http://www.alehouseinc.com/

Hmmm... there's always going to the big dive shop, Divers Direct, right on International Drive :D

But then again that just makes me wanna spend $$$... LOL

I got to UCF here in Orlando so I don't get outta east orlando much but here's what I can tell you. An airboat ride through the St. John's should be a blast. Kennedy Space Center a must. Manatees might still be around in Blue Springs. If you have the time, go to St. Augustine. Universal Studios city walk has an awesome night scene. And then there's my favorite hangout, Fiddler's Green in Winter Park. Yeh that about sums Orlando up.

In Kissimmee (right next to Disney) there is a nice little place called Old Town www.old-town.com/ . Bunch of little shoppes and eateries. Rides for the kids - similar to a carnival. A lot of restaurants in that area too. Easy to get to from Disney. - Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom