What to expect of San Andres?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from San Andres. We dived with Werner, a German that fell in love with San Andres and has a dive shop. We stayed at Lord Pierre. A nice hotel but if I was going to do it again, I would stay at one of the Decameron Hotels. The food was excellent! I recommend La Regatta and Niko restaurants. Unfortunately we only got 3 days of diving in because of bad weather (don't go in November). The diving was very nice. Great visibility, nice reefs and walls.

Niko's was quite good. Did you see the pizza place just down the road from Niko's that burned down? We ate there the night before, and my gf gave a slice of pizza to a dog. So we tried to convince her that the dog went pizza crazy and busted in and caused the fire. She didn't like that very much lol.

Sounds like you guys missed out. The week before that we dove everday. Mind you we did have some 6 foot swells and rain, but we still went out.

stayed at the Decameron Marazul from Nov 6-13. After touring the other Decameron's I think it is definitely the best hotel and environment. The dive shop there is called the Sea Garden and I would highly recommend it. The boat and the tanks are new and our DM Efrain was outstanding. we had great weather all week and the diving was very good. The reef is over fished but we still saw many sting rays,big manta rays,a nurse shark,many eels,puffer fish,scorpion fish etc

What airline and which route did you guys take to get to San Andres? Thanks in advance.

San Andres has flight coming in from Bogotá, Cartagana, Cali, Medellin and Barranquilla, in Colombia using Avianca or Aero Republica and Panama City in Panama using Copa Air.
What I found is Copa Air flying from Houston, New York, Miami and Orlando to Panama then San Andres Island usually but not always, has the best rates.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom