What to wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjc1989ds

Reaction score
Orite lads,

Planning on doing a weeks liveaboard in Sharm at the start of April this year. The cruise will be in the north, what would you guys recommend wearing drysuit wise? Do you think I would get by in a 3mm Full? Im Scottish and I dont feel the cold that much. Any advice would be welcome, thanks

Kimball

oh aye just a thought, would stuffing loads of cloths underneath work? sorry if this sounds stupid but most of my divings been done in a drysuit so i dont know much about wetsuits.

Hi Kimball,
I'm a very new diver, but I do live in the part of the world you're going to (Israel), and can tell you the weather will be sunny and HOT in April at Sharm. The water, however is still relatively chilly then. I think the dive centers would rent a 5mm full, but with a hood you might get away with 3mm. When I was in Eilat 2 weeks ago, they told me the water temp was 19C, but the next week someone told me it was up to 22C. Maybe divers with more experience than me will give you some feedback also....
Barbara aka SHW

Hello Kimball,
In April, the water temperature is around 21C. The Air Temperature is between 29C during the Day and around 14 C at night. If you don't get cold easily, the 3mm full will do although I would recommend a 5mm which you can rent from the diving center directly on the next day (if you get cold). By the way, the extras won't really help except if the suit doesn't fit properly and you are filling the spaces.

Kimball Chilcott:
Orite lads,

Planning on doing a weeks liveaboard in Sharm at the start of April this year. The cruise will be in the north, what would you guys recommend wearing drysuit wise? Do you think I would get by in a 3mm Full? Im Scottish and I dont feel the cold that much. Any advice would be welcome, thanks

Kimball

oh aye just a thought, would stuffing loads of cloths underneath work? sorry if this sounds stupid but most of my divings been done in a drysuit so i dont know much about wetsuits.

We've been to the Red Sea twice on a liveaboard and both times did not regret bringing our trilam drysuits to dive in. Everyone else was in at least 5mm.

Have fun,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom