• Welcome to ScubaBoard


  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What was your travel outcome on bonaire

Discussion in 'Bonaire' started by homerdoc, Mar 21, 2020.

  1. homerdoc

    homerdoc Contributor

    # of Dives: 100 - 199
    Location: South Carolina
    240
    231
    I saw this in the Asia thread and thought it was pretty cool.

    We were supposed to go to bonaire a week from now.

    Shout out to Madura dive, they contacted me, and worked through the reschedule (cool thing is we get to go over New Years this year).

    They were professional and painless.

    Delta easy to move flights, cost more, but that is fine, New Years week is a prime week and we should pay more.

    The only thing that was tough is the when is the resort open and when can I fly was a day or two dance. Chicken and egg kind of thing

    Homerdoc
     
  2. scubadada

    scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: Philadelphia and Boynton Beach
    14,511
    10,948
    Trip planned for April 3-17. Absolutely painless cancellation and full credit from AA, Den Laman, DFB, and AB Car. I cancelled last Sunday, the day before flights from the US were discontinued. Good anytime in 2020, we are retired and can go we want. We're disappointed, but quite pleased with outcome.

    Best of luck to everyone else
     
  3. DustyC

    DustyC Contributor

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: 'Murica
    511
    241
    December 4th through 18th. As of now, I'll assume that my plans are safe.
     
  4. tursiops

    tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Location: U.S. East Coast
    11,683
    9,590
    August 22 - Sept 5. I'm quite optimistic.
     
  5. keesmon

    keesmon Contributor

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
    294
    61
    July 1-11
    I'm not going to contact anyone until May 1st, when the next payment to our villa is due.
    I figure that would be a good time to talk to them. We really don't know what it'll look like in July right now right?
    Worst case I'm out a 25% deposit.
     
  6. wildbill9

    wildbill9 Contributor

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: arkansas
    589
    422
    April 25th, can get credit and rebook but holding out hope. How can we be more socially distant than 60 ft under water?
     
  7. Doctorfish

    Doctorfish Contributor

    # of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Location: Canada
    1,676
    1,284
    I personally think that April 25 is wishful thinking.
    Wildbill, to state the obvious, the issue isn't social distancing at 60 feet, it's getting there.
     
  8. tkaelin

    tkaelin Solo Diver

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: CT
    2,099
    1,246
    We have at trip to Bon a month later than Wildbill9 and I think we would be lucky to get that trip in. If the travel restrictions are still in place I will be able to rebook the flight and stay/dive/drive package with full credits given towards a new booking. Would sure like to get the trip in but there are bigger issues here.
     
  9. scubadiva729

    scubadiva729 Registered

    # of Dives: 100 - 199
    Location: Tucson, AZ
    29
    4
    July 4-13. I also will be waiting till around May to see what has happened. It’s seems so far out, but the reality is this could last months. I feel for everyone!!
     
  10. cjibber

    cjibber Contributor

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: UK
    100
    61
    Due to go for one week in September. Hoping to be able to extend this to two weeks now as a couple of shorter non-diving holidays have had to be canceled and I have a few extra days holiday available. Every cloud......
     

Share This Page