• Welcome to ScubaBoard


  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What was your travel outcome on bonaire

Discussion in 'Bonaire' started by homerdoc, Mar 21, 2020.

  1. Sunkist

    Sunkist New

    # of Dives: 100 - 199
    Location: Oregon
    2
    1
    We actually booked a trip to Bonaire for end of July for 2 week as the airfare was so cheap just couldn't pass it up. Ended up being about the same price for 3 of us to fly as we used to pay for a single ticket. Hopefully it is far enough out.
     
    woodcarver likes this.
  2. tkaelin

    tkaelin Solo Diver

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: CT
    2,133
    1,268
    We have a trip planned for the first week in June and Maduro has been great to work with. Just received an email from Maduro asking if I wanted to push back to July or later. They have not charged us for the balance of the trip which they normally would have and have given good advice on the trip. For the moment it makes sense for us to wait a couple more weeks to see what shakes out. Right now Bon is closed until 4-28-20, United still has our flights scheduled and Capt Don's is planning to be open. All that can change but it will be relatively easy to reschedule if need be.
     
  3. scubadiva729

    scubadiva729 Registered

    # of Dives: 100 - 199
    Location: Tucson, AZ
    29
    4
    Well our flights in July have been canceled. We can get to Bonaire, but no return. We have decided to push to Decemeber as this is the only time we have available. Really hoping this passes by then, but want everyone to be safe especially on the island. American is offering 120% of the cost if you take a voucher. Luckily for us where we start American is the only option, so that will be what we end up doing. American did say that they have eliminated certain days. Now flying Fri, Sat, Mondays.
     
  4. keesmon

    keesmon Contributor

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
    294
    61
    We're booked on Island from June 30th-July 11th. Our Villa let us know today that we can reschedule to any other open time period (paying up if it's in high season), but since our flights are not cancelled we don't really see a reason yet. As soon as any of our airlines (TUI, Divi, or United) cancels one of our flights, we'll act, but until then there's nothing to do but wait. I did spend my entire stimulus check on the scuba economy today by buying a Shearwater Teric and sending a donation to my Cozumel dive shop staff.
     
    woodcarver likes this.
  5. DiveFans

    DiveFans Registered

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: NJ
    32
    29
    We booked an apt months ago for the first 2 weeks of Dec (our annual trip) but don't have to make the final payment until Sept. A few days ago, I saw we could get our 2 United nonstop RT flights from Newark for 70k Mileage Points (plus fees), so I booked it. I also emailed Div'Ocean, the fantastic small dive op we've used for years, letting them know we'll be coming....must be a terrible time for dive ops and their staffs now.

    Side note #1: We were supposed to take a special trip to Utila from May 2 - 9, staying at Utopia Village. Of course United canceled the flight and we already got a full refund credited to our Credit Card. We had already paid Utopia ViIllage in full and they were kind enough to offer several options (re-booking this year, re-booking next year or refund). The owners have created a close community with their staff & their families and are committed to paying the staff as long as possible. We can't re-book this year so are planning to go next April; I believe they have strong base of return guests so I hope they will still be in business then.

    Side note #2: Rutgers just got FDA emergency approval a few days ago for a new Saliva Test for COVID-19 which is easier to administer, more scalable and doesn't require health workers to use PPE.....it's already in use in NJ. I hope that increased research will result in additional innovative solutions and be a key to reducing the impact of this crisis.
     
    woodcarver and tkaelin like this.
  6. AdivingBel

    AdivingBel Diver

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: Missouri
    1,962
    1,922
    Our trip was scheduled for May 8th. Delta cancelled our flights 2 days ago. Since we are regular visitors no deposit was required by our Villa/hosts. I had already been in contact with them. They are financially comfortable and offered to cancel our booking with no charge. They are using the "downtime" to perform some planned upgrades. They are the best...Gotta luv'em. :flowers: We'll be back as soon as things sort out enough to resume travel. Delta immediately issued an eCredit without my input and I've submitted a request for a refund to my original form of payment/CC. We'll see how that works out. :)
     
  7. tkaelin

    tkaelin Solo Diver

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: CT
    2,133
    1,268
    Well United just cancelled our flight and looks like Delta is cancelling some more as well. Will try for maybe August or November. I know this is just an inconvenience and others are dealing with much more serious issues.
     

Share This Page