what weight do you carry and what weight are you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinj:
back to diving from a stint away and trying to gauge what my weight belt should cary. i know it depends on a lot of criteria but it would be an advantage to many if you could list your weight - drysuit or not - tank size - bcd or not - weight carried -- i'll start: 14stone 10pounds -drysuit - 12ltre dumpy - bcd - 24IBS
I'm 14 stone, diving drysuited (bilam shell) with a single hp steel 100 (in SI terms,
12.75 litre) on a recreational BC. I use 14 pounds (more when teaching).

220lbs

Saltwater:
12# w/3mm full suit and 2.5/.5 hoodvest
80cf/3k AL tank
SP Classic Plus Jacket BC

6# w/.5mm dive skin
80cf/2k AL tank

Freshwater:
10# w/3mm full suit and 2.5/.5mm hoodvest
80cf/2k AL tank

4# w/3mm full suit and 2.5/.5mm hoodvest
80cf/2k AL tank
7lb SS BP/Wing

martinj:
back to diving from a stint away and trying to gauge what my weight belt should cary.
i know it depends on a lot of criteria but it would be an advantage to many if you could list your weight - drysuit or not - tank size - bcd or not - weight carried

ill start

14stone 10pounds -drysuit - 12ltre dumpy - bcd - 24IBS

next:05: :05:

205 LB, Wet 7mm full + 7mm sleveless/hooded step-in vest, E7-80, Sherwood Avid, 26LB salt, 18 LB fresh

Pete

I am 5'8" and weigh 165.

Freshwater:
3mm fullsuit, SS bp/w, al80 = 2 lbs
7mm fullsuit, 5mm hood, SS bp/w, al80 = 12 lbs
+ 4 lbs if using alumimum backplate
+ 6 lbs if saltwater

When I get an E7 100 steel tank, I hope to drop about 5 pounds

weight 160 5% Bf
3mill full suit
3lb al backplate

Ya, I know everybody's different but I'm WAY off the norm.

6'1" @ 250#
Full f/j 6.5mm
Cold saltwater
Aeris Atmos XT
A80
16# in BC
38# in weight harness for a total of 54#

I must note that this includes 6# I just added on my last dive to compensate for a sloppy safety stop on the previous dive. Last dive went well with all this lead, minimal air added to BC at 40fsw. I don't know...based on this thread I think I'm overweighted.

Sea ya!

After reading all these, I don't feel so bad... at 230+ lbs. with an AL80 + AL19 (pony):

Drysuit:
23 lbs. in saltwater

Wetsuit (full 7mm) w/ hood & booties:
20 lbs. in saltwater

I typically just dive the same amount in freshwater because I am too lazy to remove the extra weight.

hmmmmm? Intergrated or Belt? hmmmmm? 12-14 lbs 6'0 235lb. Ranger Zeagle BC intergrated. Steel 95

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom