Question What wetsuit is easiest to get off?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
fred32176

fred32176

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What is the easiest 3 mil wetsuit to put on and get off? My 3/2 keeps getting nicked and it will soon be time for a new wetsuit. Which 3 mill wetsuits are easiest to get off and put on?

the yamamoto neoprene ones done easier because of the flexibility. It was popular for a while with many manufacturers even for cheaper / midrange suits untill the neoprene became so expensive.
for example the 'old' seac komoda line pre 2021 are all full yamamoto and punch way above their weight.
Even if sweaty they're easy to donn.

1688911308564.png

Mine was end life, I bought a new one from Scubapro which wasn't nearly as easy to donn, so in the end i switched to an open cell apnea suit (cressi apnea 5mm) which i lubricate with a bottle of water/soap mix before I dive. it just slides on super easily.

Another possibility is indeed a lycra shirt or legging depending on what area you're having the most trouble with.

I'll throw in my usual recommendation for this:

The full zipper makes it extremely easy to don and doff. There's a cheaper version if you just want to try out the concept:

Depending on the water temp you can pair this with material arts rashguard pants, neoprene watersports pants, or a scuba farmer john. I'll post examples.

Amazon - Hawk grappling pants

amazon - neoprene pants search

Will have to try the lycra socks. My wife lost my tight fitting long sleeve rash guard in Key Largo last month. :( Now I only have baggie long sleeve rashguard and a tight short sleeve rash guard. I have been using the tight short sleeve rash guard and board shorts under my wet suit. I guess I need to get another tight fitting long sleeve rash guard and will try a pair of lycra socks.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom