What Women Want... Dork Diver Style!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Yeah, does anybody know of a sports bra made of polypro or microfiber? As I requested that my male buddies avert their eyes yesterday so I could pull off my sopping wet shirt (wrist seal problems) it occurred to me that a nice sports bra would avoid the problem. But they're all cotton, which is not a good fabric to have on when you get wet.

A nice black bra and panty set that looks like a bathing suit would give me a lot of clothes-changing options for sites with no facilities!

Check your local sporting goods store or LDS for Aeroskins swim/dive wear. I think they make some thing in Polyfin like what you described.

CheddarChick:
I suggest a weekend at Scratchmyback's for complete dive toe lessons, and drinks, and chocolate, and diving of course

Hey, I'm just about to move into a bigger house...4 bedrooms...hot tub....I think this could be arranged !!!

scratchmyback:
Sally Hansen will do for a top coat - just wait till the nails are dry enough before you put it on. Don't use it sparingly - use enough to give good coverage. That may be why you end up ruining the polish - you can't be chintzy with top coat otherwise it may 'pull' the polish you are trying to cover, especially if it's not dry to begin with.

If you don't have a base coat, don't use the top coat for my little trick about picking up the rhinestones though. Top coats are designed to dry fast, and you'll have problems getting the rhinestones off the toothpick! Because it's only you doing it on your toes, stick the end of the toothpick in your mouth, then pick up the rhinestone, apply, repeat. This is not a method I would ever suggest in a salon :shakehead but it works just as well.

Can't wait to see the pics if you post them!! Who knew this would be so much fun !

Yay! Thanks for the tips! I picked up my "supplies" and I'm ready to do my toes! Oh... one more question... I did pick up some nail glue... just in case, but after reading your post, I'm guessing that it will definitely dry too fast to use for the rhinestones too. Ummm... I dunno, but maybe the glue under the rhinestones isn't even recommended(??). :crafty: Oh... and do I put the rhinestones on the red polish and put top coat over them? Or do I put the rhinestones on over the topcoat, then topcoat over the stones? Hmmm...

Ok... it's almost 2 hours later...

I've gone thru a 1 8 oz bottle of nail polish remover, and 2 bottles of a gorgeous red nail polish called "heartbeat frost" (by Sally Hanson). I've waisted about 62 clear colored rhinestones. My fingernails have polish smeared over them from "cleaning up" the edges of my toes. My eyes are strained, and back is throbbing, and I've been so deep in concentration that I've drooled on myself.

I only have one foot done! :rofl3:

erparamedic:

I've gone thru a 1 8 oz bottle of nail polish remover, and 2 bottles of a gorgeous red nail polish called "heartbeat frost" (by Sally Hanson). I've waisted about 62 clear colored rhinestones. My fingernails have polish smeared over them from "cleaning up" the edges of my toes. My eyes are strained, and back is throbbing, and I've been so deep in concentration that I've drooled on myself.

That's why I leave the toes to the professionals!:D

erparamedic:

Can't you just hear the men lurking in here just screaming "MMM, Mmmm, mmmm. Gotta get me some o'that!" :eyebrow:

At that rate my beer will be warm...........

Alrighty! 2 hours and 13 minutes later, and my toes are DONE! God help me if a rhinestone falls off! :rofl3: I have officially given myself a pedicure... not nearly as nice as going to get a professional one... but, the piggies definitely look better!

I exaggerated a tad bit on the amount of polish, remover, and rhinestones used... BUT, it really DID take forever, and I had to redo the big toes about 43 times. :wink: And, of course, the nails can't be the same shape or size... so, that made it a bit tough.

Here's the before/after pics:

100_0826.jpg

100_0830.jpg

Do the piggies pass?

merxlin:
Can't you just hear the men lurking in here just screaming "MMM, Mmmm, mmmm. Gotta get me some o'that!" :eyebrow:

At that rate my beer will be warm...........

:rofl3: Awww... go back to your own thread! Hahahaaa! (Just kidding... :D)

For those that don't know... Merxlin posted a thread named "What Men Want... Dork Divers Style". :rofl3:

OMG erparamedic.......they are gorgeous!!! Sorry I was away, signing house papers and having lunch. I see you figured it out though. I'm so sorry I wasn't here to answer you before, but you did a fantastic job on yourself. Truly - be proud :D

To answer your question though - NO nail glue - no no no. You would never get the rhinestones off !!!! It's base coat, 2 coats of polish, rhinestones, then top coat. I'm pretty sure you figured that out though didn't you. Those are bigger rhinestones than I would use too - so maybe tomorrow, put another coat of top coat on them so they don't budge. I'm pretty sure they won't anyway but insurance is good.

Awesome job !!!!!

scratchmyback:
OMG erparamedic.......they are gorgeous!!! Sorry I was away, signing house papers and having lunch. I see you figured it out though. I'm so sorry I wasn't here to answer you before, but you did a fantastic job on yourself. Truly - be proud :D

To answer your question though - NO nail glue - no no no. You would never get the rhinestones off !!!! It's base coat, 2 coats of polish, rhinestones, then top coat. I'm pretty sure you figured that out though didn't you. Those are bigger rhinestones than I would use too - so maybe tomorrow, put another coat of top coat on them so they don't budge. I'm pretty sure they won't anyway but insurance is good.

Awesome job !!!!!

Thank you, SMB!! No big deal on not replying... I figured it out. :wink:

I was a bad girl and skipped the base coat... actually, I never use a base coat. (Bad habit, I know.) Then, 2 coats of polish and 2 thick coats of top coat. It's probably gonna take 4 hours for my nails to dry! LOL I think I'll have to sleep on my back and without covers so nothing messes up the toes tonight! Hah! The rhinestones were bigger than I thought, once I started putting them on my toes. I saw the smaller ones, but thought that they might be too small. Oh, well. I know for next time. I decided against the nail glue when I read the package and saw that it dries in 3 seconds. Shoot... I'd have rhinestones stuck all over my hands and feet had I tried that trick!

If any rhinestones fall off, I think I'll throw a huge tantrum (like a 2 year old, or a teenage girl... hah!)! Then I'll need some anti-depressants! Whew! The piggies were a job! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom