What would be your BucketList#1dive trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of Jan 13th 2017 I am, by definition, in my bucket list phase of life. I got perspective.

I can go anywhere I want to dive, pretty much so already have. NASA NBL refused me, but those Russians let me in.

Got a few others planned. We'll see.

Looks like CoCoView again in April 2018. 35th trip in 32 years. Want to remind my dive buddy where my ashes should go. Quiet, shallow bright Sunlit, peaceful.

Just my perspective from the bucket.

As of Jan 13th 2017 I am, by definition, in my bucket list phase of life. I got perspective.

I can go anywhere I want to dive, pretty much so already have. NASA NBL refused me, but those Russians let me in.

Got a few others planned. We'll see.

Looks like CoCoView again in April 2018. 35th trip in 32 years. Want to remind my dive buddy where my ashes should go. Quiet, shallow bright Sunlit, peaceful.

Just my perspective from the bucket.

I would suggest that we all would benefit from seeing today as that "bucket list phase of life", since that long away "tomorrow" is promised to no one, no more than the good health to complete the list when that time arrives.

Papua New Guinea, definitely my next bucket trip. Or Guadeloupe for some Great White Shark action.

The bucket list trip I hope to be blessed with someday is a 10-day live-aboard dive trip to Komodo. Seems to me as a recreational diver, it'd be nice to at least once in my life experience what's said to be the best. Of all those exotic locations that at one time or another seemed to be in the running (e.g.: Palau, PNG, Fiji, maybe the Maldives), the 2 most consistently rated at that level are (from what I can tell reading forum threads) Raja Ampat and Komodo, a neck-and-neck race with some preferring the former a bit.

But I've historically held an interest in reptiles and dinosaurs, and personally visiting the home of wild Komodo dragons (ideally seeing some) would be special. I'm hopeful it might inspire our little girl to view the world as a place she can reach out to, if she wishes. Maybe someday be watching a nature show with somebody and say 'You know, my Dad's been there.' How often do you watch t.v. or go to the zoo & see Raja Ampat mentioned?

That'd be a whole lot of travel time (expected to be miserable), and a bunch of family money spent on just me, so I figure it'd be a one time thing.

Time will tell.

Richard.

The bucket list trip I hope to be blessed with someday is a 10-day live-aboard dive trip to Komodo. Seems to me as a recreational diver, it'd be nice to at least once in my life experience what's said to be the best. Of all those exotic locations that at one time or another seemed to be in the running (e.g.: Palau, PNG, Fiji, maybe the Maldives), the 2 most consistently rated at that level are (from what I can tell reading forum threads) Raja Ampat and Komodo, a neck-and-neck race with some preferring the former a bit.

But I've historically held an interest in reptiles and dinosaurs, and personally visiting the home of wild Komodo dragons (ideally seeing some) would be special. I'm hopeful it might inspire our little girl to view the world as a place she can reach out to, if she wishes. Maybe someday be watching a nature show with somebody and say 'You know, my Dad's been there.' How often do you watch t.v. or go to the zoo & see Raja Ampat mentioned?

That'd be a whole lot of travel time (expected to be miserable), and a bunch of family money spent on just me, so I figure it'd be a one time thing.

Time will tell.

Richard.

RA is one of mine, and has moved to the short list, booked for 2018!

My bucket list just keeps growing every year. So it's one year at a time.

For 2017, which has been planned since 2015 (2 year in the making to charter a whole boat for our dive club here in Houston area) is 2 week liveaboard trip to Banda Sea & Raja Ampat, which is coming up next month. I can't wait! :D

For 2018, my bucket list trip would be diving in Cocos island with Argo & riding in Deep Sea sub down to 1000 foot depth. I booked it for September next year.

For 2019, still thinking, either to Sardin Run in South Africa or Nabucco, East of Kalimantan, Indonesia.

My

For 2018, my bucket list trip would be diving in Cocos island with Argo & riding in Deep Sea sub down to 1000 foot depth. I booked it for September next year.

Wow! I just added this to my bucket list!

Victoria, British Columbia. For years my #1 Bucket List dive was Browning Pass at the northern end of Vancouver Island. I've dived there the past four consecutive years and have two trips scheduled for next year. I wish there was a shore based resort for cold water diving like there are for all the warm water locations. It would be great to have a nice hotel room with a few luxuries and a dive boat right there. Unfortunately there aren't enough divers traveling to cold water locations to make that feasible.
Phil, I think I have an option that is probably as close as it will get. Looks like I might be moving back up to the PNW a few months from now and back to diving in my old stomping grounds in the Hood Canal out of Hoodsport, WA. This resort (more like a hotel) is reasonably priced (it was my diving home away from home for many years)- you can shore dive daily and all week at some pretty killer cold water spots like Sund Rock, and Octopus Hole. Wolf Eels, GPO's, Cloud Sponges, Massive Lingcod, Anemones, crabs, rock fish and Nudibranch on steroids. I might even be able to arrange a boat for some dives at the non shore dive-able locations like The Pinnacle, Rosie's Ravine and Pulali Point.
Glen Ayr Resort – Skokomish Tribal Enterprises - also, let me know which dates you have planned for Browning Pass next year. Now that I am moving back up, I might be able to join you on one of those.
The Hood Canal isn't World Class like Browning Pass, but probably some of the best and least expensive cold water diving north of Cali. Bang for the buck, It is pretty awesome. No currents or tides to deal with. Dive anytime of the day or night.
By the way, I was out at Anacapa Island the day before yesterday and had some amazing dives. 50 ft viz in calm, blue water and no current conditions.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom