What would Dear Abbie say?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once said something like "take care of the wife first and then the wife will take care of you." This was followed with something about a new garage full of scuba toys. I think he speaks great wisdom that is applicable here. Leave the scuba stuff home! The marriage should be more important. If this seems like a sacrifice, the marriage is on the rocks already. So, do you love her more than yourself, or not?

Prior to tying the knot make darn sure she is okay with your diving! Make sure she is not just saying okay for now(I'll cut your you know whats later). If thats the case run for your life.
That determined, leave the scuba gear at home. Perhaps see if she's interested in snorkeling. That could open a few doors. But the honeymoon is really something for the couple to share.

best of luck.

Jim

PS Dear Abby wouldn't say anything. She's dead as a doornail.

may I reccomend two books...

"His Needs, Her Needs"

and

"Lovebusters"

If you concentrate on meeting her needs first than your needs will probably be met. But each should focus on the needs of the other. I have cancelled dives to protect my marital bliss.

The honeymoon should be filled with "together" type things. Find some mutual interest, or see if she is willing to snorkle with you.

In my part of the country the rules have always been to please the ladies first and life will be much easier. I also once received some advice from my hunting buddies 77yr old father who said, "It's always easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission", and he should know a lot about marriage, he is on his 7th.

... I would take my gear with me. Leave it in the hotel room and maybe afer a few days she will tell you to go for a dive. It's got to be her idea though.
:mean:
Randy...

She'll have plenty of chances to make his life miserable after the Honeymoon without making him leave his regulator at home. [Now donning my asbestos undershorts in defense of those perhaps not amused by the last comment.]

Personally, I found that remark to be highly amusing, but why start after the honeymoon?

Isn't the word "wife" derived from an old Assyrian word meaning "she who makes man's life miserable"?

:mean:

Well said. I wish someone had told me that when I got married. I had to learn the hard way and it took all of ten years!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom