what would you choose??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did you like the presidente? was it too plush? i heard SCC has decent shore diving so i will look into it......

thanks again!

-dan

Presidente shore diving is about as good as it's gonna get. The Presidente is right off of Paradise reef so that's what you'll be diving. They also have a sunken barge to explore. If you can afford it, I'd say go with The Presidente.

It's the only resort that you listed that has a proper beach.

deputydan1:
did you like the presidente? was it too plush? i heard SCC has decent shore diving so i will look into it......

thanks again!

-dan

Moodiejeff:
Presidente shore diving is about as good as it's gonna get. The Presidente is right off of Paradise reef so that's what you'll be diving. They also have a sunken barge to explore. If you can afford it, I'd say go with The Presidente.

It's the only resort that you listed that has a proper beach.

Presidente is a nice place but IMO not worth the additional funding over say FA or even a condo. If your into paying $5 for a coke at the pool then by all means have at it. If you want to shore dive free your going to have to dive/w Scuba Du. They are OK but not a wonderful operation. They are a typical resort op. Large slow boats and regimented locations for each day of the week. You can easily do better with your op choice in Coz.

5615mike:
Presidente is a nice place but IMO not worth the additional funding over say FA or even a condo. If your into paying $5 for a coke at the pool then by all means have at it. If you want to shore dive free your going to have to dive/w Scuba Du. They are OK but not a wonderful operation. They are a typical resort op. Large slow boats and regimented locations for each day of the week. You can easily do better with your op choice in Coz.

You should, IMO, separate shore diving from FREE shore diving. If you pay for tank and weights to dive from shore, the going rate is only about six bucks. How many shore dives will you be doing? Go with the dive op you want, and just pay for shore dives if the op you choose is not the resident op at your hotel.

points well taken...
now, at the fiesta americana...do they offer nice/free shore diving?? are the reefs decent (or comparable) to the presidente??

-d

To get the "Free" shore diving at FA, you will need to use the onsite dive OP, Divehouse. They should be adequate for a 3 day stay.

Back
Top Bottom