What would you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What would would you dive with in water between 15C and 22C (59-72F)? Around 1 hour to 1.5 hour dives?

I currently use a 7mm semi-dry. I wear thermals (poly pro) under the suit when the water hits 17C (62.6F).

I'm curious to what the 'tolerance' of other divers is... :popcorn:

15º Celsius = 59º Fahrenheit

My bad. I can't type... Fixed now.

In those same water temps, until now, I have been diving a 2 piece 7 mil Bare wetsuit. A few 52 degree bottom temp dives and a freezing and shivering diver later - I just switched to a drysuit.

Between 80 and 70 degrees, if I had to dive wet in order to do the dive, I'd probably dive. Below 70 degrees, I'm not diving unless I have my dry suit.

Between 80 and 70 degrees, if I had to dive wet in order to do the dive, I'd probably dive. Below 70 degrees, I'm not diving unless I have my dry suit.

Really? 70? How long are you diving for?

I agree with TS and M, anything below 67 I start getting cold, and dive dry............I hate 5+ wetsuits, and dont own any. I could probably dive 5mm between 70-65, but I just wear my fusion bullet and adjust undergarments to temp............

No doubt about it, I'd be in a drysuit. I could do an occasional wetsuit dive (7mm), but wouldn't be pleased about it.

Back
Top Bottom