What Would You Do In Cebu? 7-10 Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK1992

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd love to hear your suggestions on how to split up 7-10 days in Cebu. Solo traveler so resorting to private transport may push costs to a little on the high side, so I'd rather not move around too much.

I'm sort of thinking of Malapascua and Moalboal for now, but unsure on how much time to spend at each, nor have any idea which order to visit them would be best.

Malapascua - Monad Shoal, Gato reef

Moalboal - Sardine ball, Oslob perhaps?

Love to hear your suggestions and many thanks for them.

Malapascua first because it is the further-est of the two. Moalboal is only couple of hrs away by car from Cebu City.

There’s not a lot to do in Malapascua aside from dive, but there are ~20 sites so lots to see there. We were there 4D/3N and went diving on days 2-4 (9 total), would have liked an extra day or two to both hit more sites and let us spread the dives out a bit.

There’s not a lot to do in Malapascua aside from dive, but there are ~20 sites so lots to see there. We were there 4D/3N and went diving on days 2-4 (9 total), would have liked an extra day or two to both hit more sites and let us spread the dives out a bit.
Yep, I don't plan to do anything other than dive. So maybe 5 days there should be just nice?

That's what I did on one trip. I'd rate Malapascua and moalboal as the best diving on Cebu. It'll take you an entire day to get from Moalboal to Malapascua using public transport so that is one day used. Malapascua has great beaches so I'd spend more time there and just veg between dives. It's a really laid back little island. Moalboal has no beaches but the diving is great. There's a little life at night with a couple of loud bars. There's some non diving activity as well in the daytime- kayaking, hiking etc. Ive been going to Moalboal every year for the last 4 years and stay and dive with Cebu Dive Centre. Great outfit. Good guides. Have fun. I'll be there in July again.

Back
Top Bottom