What would you do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
My LDS has a long weekend liveaboard trip to the Bahamas planned for November 1-5, I have the $ for it and think I can work my job responsibilities around those days. My husband, who does not dive, is not in favor. He is thinking of the spending of the $ as not needed. Especially with the holidays and other debt. I am signed up to go with the LDS in March, 2002 on same trip. But I am really, really wanting to go. Any thoughts out there?

Seaangel,
That is something you and your husband need to work out, not the members of this board.

RonC.

Concur with RonC.
As general guidance, if one spouse is nervous about spending extra money, neither will enjoy doing so.
But husbands need to remember rule one: "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."
It's a "kitchen table" decision.
Rick

This is a good question for divers with non-diving significant others. I happen to be in this situation. Some people just have no desire to dive just as I have no desire to jump from an airplane.

Our rule of thumb is that we vacation somewhere that has both fantastic diving and great topside attractions. I spend the morning diving and we spend the afternoons and evenings together. Maybe I get to sneek in a night dive or two. A liveaboard is not a good candidate unless the liveaboard is a luxury cruise ship. The important thing is not to make your husband resent your diving.

Guess I presented this in the wrong text, not trying to get approval from this board. Sorry if it offended someone that I posed that question. No one can understand unless they are in love with diving and their spouse isn't. Mine loves his own sports and hobbies, he will be out doing them this fall. He absolutely won't go on dive trips with me. We do have a vacation planned together in February and he has told me not to feel held back by his non diving and to bring my gear so I can dive. I just asked as a rhetorical question more or less. I am going to go on this dive as I have all intentions of paying my way. All of my dive classes, gear and any dive trips all come from my salary. So...I guess it was more or less a dumb thing to post. I will be more discretionary in my questions. I just thought some comments about the Bahamas would be more responded to than a potential marital spat. A better question would be how about the Bahamas in November???

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!

Cindy

Originally posted by seaangel
I am going to go on this dive as I have all intentions of paying my way. All of my dive classes, gear and any dive trips all come from my salary. So...I guess it was more or less a dumb thing to post.
Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!

Cindy
As they say in marriage what's yours is mine, whats mine is mine. You say your salary. If your married you share. It should be his money is yours and his, and your money should be yours and his. I'm just busting with ya! This is not a flame just my idea of a stupid comment which I thought was funny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom