What would you NOT store in an enclosed trailer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not store the following in an enclosed trailer: A dead skunk or acetylene tanks.

I would not store the following in an enclosed trailer: A dead skunk or acetylene tanks.

Maybe I should have specified "what dive gear would you NOT store in a trailer". DOH!!!

I think I would worry about tanks being stored in a trailer in the summer when it gets hot and the air starts to expand.I know they will handle more then 3000 PSI but when it gets really hot then cools at night that is alot of expandind and contracring.

Seriously, ahem, I doubt that it would have much effect by storing tanks in an enclosed trailer in the summer. Otherwise there would be tanks blowing up all over Southern California and Florida all the time.

not the wife's pre-marital friends, nor the mother in law.

But a sandwich panel box with spinning circulating vents

would be real good

chained to a dog

a big dog

Seriously, ahem, I doubt that it would have much effect by storing tanks in an enclosed trailer in the summer. Otherwise there would be tanks blowing up all over Southern California and Florida all the time.
I wasn't refering to them blowing up,just changes in molecular structure from all the expanding and contracting over time,it has to have some effect on tanks.I can get pretty hot in and enclosed space.I have seen things blow up from being in a closed up vechile in the summer time,it can get up over 150 in a car.

where we are, rodents, spiders and other critters would be a bigger worry for me...Some trailers have poor gaskets, if any and the seals they use for doors, hatches and the like are often of poor quality.

Go inside, have someone close you in (good friend, so they don't leave you) and look for light leaks...seal everyone...else the above mentioned critters will have a field day with your great tasting gear.

Use caps and containers on any valves or air hose that spiders and the like can call home.

where we are, rodents, spiders and other critters would be a bigger worry for me...Some trailers have poor gaskets, if any and the seals they use for doors, hatches and the like are often of poor quality.

Go inside, have someone close you in (good friend, so they don't leave you) and look for light leaks...seal everyone...else the above mentioned critters will have a field day with your great tasting gear.

Use caps and containers on any valves or air hose that spiders and the like can call home.

Good point, that would be a problem here too.

Any valuable soft items, rubber items and anything with an o-ring

Regulators
Hoses
Wet suits and other neoprene
Masks
Dry suits
Canister lights
Underwater camera equipment
Dive computers

You forgot the tanks. They too have an o-ring.

Back
Top Bottom