What, you want to doff/don my weight belt and BC?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well - I'm confused....

Well, last night was our last class.:depressed: But, I got an 88 on the final exam.:D In the pool, we did all of our skills, and when it was time to take the weight belt off, I thought "this oughta be fun". So, I thought about everybody's posts, and took my time. I laid the belt out on the pool floor, and slowly rotated around and worked the loose end of the belt through the buckle. It did take two tries, but the instructor motioned me to relax, breath, and take as much time as I needed. Than, when I finished, the instructor shook my hand. Next, I removed the BCD. This was actually the first time I attempted this skill. It wasn't to bad, except that when I went to put my left hand through the opening, I kept getting tangled up in all the straps and things.:shakehead: I finally got it on and received the OK signal, and happily returned the same. I just want to give a big THANKS to everyone for their help.
John

Good job.

I sympathize with losing your weight belt while pool training. First I dropped the belt at the bottom of the pool and shot to the top of the water.
Then went to the shallow end to practice some more and the buckle came apart!
Finally didn't have it tight enough and it just slipped off when I went vertical.
I gave up on the belt and use integrated weights.
There is a reason that like a rope, the end of the belt is called "The Bitter End."
Robert

I sympathize with losing your weight belt while pool training. First I dropped the belt at the bottom of the pool and shot to the top of the water.
Then went to the shallow end to practice some more and the buckle came apart!
Finally didn't have it tight enough and it just slipped off when I went vertical.
I gave up on the belt and use integrated weights.
There is a reason that like a rope, the end of the belt is called "The Bitter End."
Robert
It might have been easier to get a belt with a well designed and adequate buckle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom