What's a good wetsuit for a short woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoobaDo

Reaction score
Help.... I am 5'2" and 135-140 lbs -- Every wetsuit I try on is too long in the arms and the legs... Even the short sizes.. Is there anyone out there my size that has the perfect fitting wetsuit???? I am looking for a 3mm full suit.

ScubaDoobaDo:
Help.... I am 5'2" and 135-140 lbs -- Every wetsuit I try on is too long in the arms and the legs... Even the short sizes.. Is there anyone out there my size that has the perfect fitting wetsuit???? I am looking for a 3mm full suit.

Henderson Gold Core Custom Fit

ScubaDoobaDo:
Girl, I know I know.... (sigh)
I'm going to order my suits custom and/tailored to fit me (120lbs 5'1"). Even the microprene is too long. The Oneil shorties are too long in the torso. Why don't you try on Junior 12 and 14 sizes? They might fit you better in the length department.

Liquidfit will help you out. Henderson has a custom tailoring option with their stuff, Bare has a good product line and will custom (I think they have petites as well)

Good luck!

Mama Mynet:
Liquidpro will help you out.

Good luck!

Liquidpro?

Did you mean LiquidFit?

My wifes's suit just came back from LiquidFit after year 1 alterations, amazing workmanship.

Pete

spectrum:
Liquidpro?

Did you mean LiquidFit?

My wifes's suit just came back from LiquidFit after year 1 alterations, amazing workmanship.

Pete
LOL Yes, liquidfit... Don't mind me.... Mami-brain...LOL

I am shorter than Scuba Dooba Doo and all suits that I've tried on have been WAY too long on me except two types. The Oceaner and Bare wetsuits fit me perfectly!! :sunny

Yippee...Ordered a Bare Velocity 3mm full suit, size 10+ ---too big in the hips & almost too short... sent that back and ordered a size 12 & it fits perfect...even in the length... they must run a little short..... good for us shorties probably bad for the taller ladies... Then found a 2mm Bare shortie at Costco for $34, size 12 fits like a glove..haha...

Glad the Bare worked out for you! The 3 mm Bare Velocity is the one I have as well. Fits me like a glove. And you got the shortie so cheap also! I personally use my full wetsuit whenever I dive down south, since I never get too warm, especially when doing multiple dives over multiple days...

Harvey's suits have the best off the rack size chart in the biz...Check out their site. You can order a catalog if the site is down by calling this number.

1-800-347-0054

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom