What's happening with U/W metal detecting in FLA.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zodiacdiverdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has the world of underwater treasure hunting in Florida been blow out of the water? Have the law makers passed their stupit law or have they seen the light?
ZDD

If you get caught buying crack you will probably get off easier than if you get caught treasure hunting on an old wreck with a metal detector. They created an entire new class of criminals.

A good read is "Diving to a Flash of Gold" by Martin Meylach

do your laws prevent you recovering something you lost on your last dive if not then we all have a legitimate reason to have a metal detector on almost every dive

Wow, they have been trying to pass laws here to keep anyone from even getting a permit to recover shipwreck artifacts here in Nova Scotia. It seems that the archaeologists want to keep them for themselves. The reality is that with the resources and funds that they have, it would take hundreds if not thousands of years to excavate all the wrecks that are on Nova Scotia's shores. They just won't last that long befor nature does her job. Not to mention if our planet will last long enough.
I wonder how does it work for Fisher's crews, do they still allow them to get permits?
Call me a criminal or an underwater pirate or whatever but the feds here will not get a thing from me. They don't want to work with the divers so I wont work with them. I hope that they read this and respond and if I ever bring a MD to FLA I guess I will have to lose some Cobs or doubloons and have to go look for them no wont I.
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom