What's Happening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You can really tell that it is getting colder out in the Mid-west. Not so many posts lately here on the "Mid-West Muck Divers" forum. Anybody diving? What does everybody do during the winter months to satisfy the dive craving? My in-law's and I were kinda hoping to get in atleast one dive a month through winter, but recently went to Haigh and it was extremely cold - maybe we need to re-think this.

Not to rub it in, but I'm leaving in about a week for Mexico. My first trip - very excited, but yet also a little nervous. Going to a resort called Grand Sirenis south of Cancun. Not sure what I'm in for.

Anyway, just thought I would post something to keep the interest going.

S. Nagel

I dig out my drysuit and go DIVE!!!

Hey Nagel

I was reading about those cenotes down there, and they sound pretty cool. I would definitely check them out if you get a chance.

Steve

nagel:
Absolutly --

I just emailed you some information I received. It looks like heaven to me - I may not be coming back. I've been reading about the cenotes also, I can't really determine if this is cave diving or not.

S. Nagel

There are plenty of guilded recreational level cenotes to dive.

nagel:
You can really tell that it is getting colder out in the Mid-west. Not so many posts lately here on the "Mid-West Muck Divers" forum. Anybody diving? What does everybody do during the winter months to satisfy the dive craving? My in-law's and I were kinda hoping to get in atleast one dive a month through winter, but recently went to Haigh and it was extremely cold - maybe we need to re-think this.

Not to rub it in, but I'm leaving in about a week for Mexico. My first trip - very excited, but yet also a little nervous. Going to a resort called Grand Sirenis south of Cancun. Not sure what I'm in for.

Anyway, just thought I would post something to keep the interest going.

S. Nagel

Hi Nagel,

I'm still diving every week! Cannonball cave 2 weeks ago, Table Rock Lake last weekend, S&R dive in a small local lake this weekend, and Roubidoux cave the following weekend.

Those of us who are hard-core year-round divers rarely have a question regarding local dive sites to bother posting here, nor do we need to advertise for dive buddies since we already have plenty.

So, if you are looking for someone to dive with this winter just speak up and buddies can be found. PM me, put up a "buddy needed for winter dive" post here, or check out www.midwestdive.com where all the frequently diving locals hang out.

theskull

I'll be taking two OW students out to either Hidden Paradise or Blue Spring quarries this weekend. (Indiana)

I dive year round, nothing changes for the Winter. In fact diving during the Winter is some of the best you'll get around here.

I post when I see others post, that's why no new postings from me. I'm still actively diving and will be all year round.

I went diving last weekend... water temp was in the 50's, surface temp was in the high 30's, low 40's in the morning, might've gotten into the 50s in the afternoon.

The water isn't bad at all, getting in sucks. Getting out is even worse.

Vis in the winter is awesome... best time to actually be under the water. Also, no thermalclines so you dont hit those drastic temperature changes in the water... makes going deeper much easier in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom