What's in your Emergency Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Frog
Cheers for that response Jon. I wouldnt mess with my first stage , but about the TX50.. I was given the impression from most tech divers that the TX50 can be stripped easily underwater without any tools and with gloves on!?

Frog,

Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything to a reg underwater, however, once you have the front cover off the Apeks's they are really easy to work on. I think that all regs are too fiddly to work with if you have gloves on.

The only real thing you can do to a second stage is take the cover off and clean out crap that is in there underwater. I suspect that anyone that tells you otherwise hasn't *actually* done it themselves, they just know of some-one that knows of some-one, that knows of some-one.... I have heard of divers not putting the cover on tightly to be adle to undo it... I also suspect, that if necessary, a dive knife, or suitaby shaped stone sound be used to help move the cover to get access.

Jon T

As an alternative to the actual Apex cover tool which is quite large for a kit, go to a bicycle shop and buy a pin spanner used for bottom brackets. It's small and cheap, but it may mar the cover if it slips. Ideally it's only for emergency repairs. There are nice heavy duty pin spanners sold for other uses, too. In the US, you can get one from Snap-On Tools or similar companies. ($40-45) In the bike shop, ask for the Park Tool Co. spanner.($6-10) For that price get the red AND the green one. (different size pins)

Neil

Cheers Jon/Neil

Jon yeh thats all that i would want to remove the face plate for, getting rid of any debris which may be in there. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom