What's on your diving bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the appropriate training and experience ....

Truuk
HMS PoW & HMS Repulse
HMS Hermes
Princess of the Orient

.... and if I can ever make $$$ doing anything besides teaching, Bikini Atoll.

Can I ask "what if it doesn't deliver"? (and maybe this needs to be a topic of a new thread?)

I have done a number of guaranteed must do signature dives. I have done way more "maybe you will see" dives.

The maybe dives have been less than 100% (as advertised). The guaranteed dives have also been hit and miss.

Where I would like to dive depends on how much I can afford to travel

Destination wise my bucket list is;

Red Sea off Sudan
Subic Bay, Philippines
Layang Layang, Malaysia
PNG
Truk Lagoon
Bikini Atoll
Galapagos Is
Easter Island

What I would like to encounter underwater;

Various nudibranchs that I have not yet seen
Dive on some aircraft wrecks
Whale Sharks
Mola Mola
Hammerhead Sharks

There are also a few people that I have met on SB that I would like to meet personally and also dive with them

Last edited:
2 weeks at Wakatobi, one on land, on on the live aboard.

PNG
Galapagos
Truk
Great whites in South Africa
Learning to cave dive

Sardine run, South Africa
Easter Island

A long, long time ago (I'd be about 14) I was diving back home in the Caribbean and I found a circular black object about the size of a coin. I tucked it into my glove and when I got home I cleaned it and got all the black crustiness off and discovered it was a brass button with a family crest on it, probably from a formal waistcoat. Not quite the gold dubloon I had hoped for, but still pretty exciting. I don't know what era it was from, but they sure don't make buttons like that these days, so I am guessing it was nineteenth century or possibly earlier (the BVI was a pirate haven in the 1800s). I have dived that area many times since, but I have never found anything else. But before I die I'd like to find just one more thing in that area to fuel my dreams of lost shipwrecks and pirate gold.

url-11.jpg

I have been lucky and have dived:

* Chuuk (6 times)
* SS President Coolidge (5 times)
* PNG (5 places)
* Solomon Islands (3 places, some multiple times)
* Great Barrier Reef (4 times)
* Palau
* Scapa Flow German WWI wrecks (August this year)
* and more

The only real place I would love to visit that I have not is Bikini Atoll. This is not going to happen unless I will the lottery as I cannot justify the expense compared to other places I have not yet been to.

Things I want to see:

* Great whites (from inside a cage thanks)
* Whale sharks

Have seen most other fish that others have posted about.

Very lucky that I have been able to afford this.

I have a bucket list trip that I would dive and snorkel on but that would only be part of the event. I want to go to Tahiti ==> Moorea ==> Bora Bora ==> Huahine ==> Marquesas. I figure about 6 weeks or so. I also want to go back to Dominica and dive (previously only snorkeled). I'm also thinking Belize for the diving, jungles and Mayan ruins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom