What's the best Apeks regulator setup for DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamikey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Two of my LDS's both sell Apeks, and I'm wondering which combination I should get. I know the atx50 and DS4 is good, but with the XTX series out now, does anyone have an opinion? I just got lucky and some extra cash came my way, so I can afford their best if that's what I should get.

I'll need the 1st, 2nd and octo.

consider a tx 100 plus the flathead first stage. its still barely beaten by the newer models and 2nd hand available on ebay or similar sites "cheap". if you buy it second hand get it serviced properly and you have one of the best regs out there! if you need the newest and best, go get it - you cant go really wrong with apeks. if you want a top reg, dont go for the xxx50 (its a good reg, but makes a better backup / stage bottle reg). or consider the mares abyss as an alternative, exellent high performance reg.

LSDeep:
if you want a top reg, dont go for the xxx50 (its a good reg, but makes a better backup / stage bottle reg).

Please explain a bit further, as I am unsure which reg is the xxx50. That's a typo, right?

Mike

Tanked Monkey:
Please explain a bit further, as I am unsure which reg is the xxx50. That's a typo, right?

Mike

I think he meant the TX50/ATX50 or XTX50. XXX being either TX, ATX or XTX.

ScubaKimmie:

Yeah, I posted this in DIR first and got few responses, so I moved it to Regulators. I'll be driving past the LDS tomorrow, so I really wanted some opinions.

scubamikey:
Yeah, I posted this in DIR first and got few responses, so I moved it to Regulators. I'll be driving past the LDS tomorrow, so I really wanted some opinions.

Put a post up on the NEUE board, you'll get good advice.

* Edit - I dive Scubapro, don't know a whole lot about Apeks.

Question about the Apeks regs.

I was looking at the ATX regs. What exactly is the difference between the 50, 100, and 200 anyway? Which would be most appropriate for someone who wants to head into double tanks, caves, and wreck penetration (and who also mostly dives cold water)?

What would make a good backup reg to go with the apeks primary?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom