What's the best treasure you've found?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

razorbackdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last weekend I was spearfishing in a local lake and came across an unattached anchor. It was lying in about 25 ft of water near the shore so I pulled it up along the bottom until I could toss it on shore. Picked it up later with the boat. I cleaned the rust off it and repainted it. A local boat dealer gave me $15 for it. They we selling similar anchors for $35. Other than that I have found a pair of Oakley shades which I kept.

I found a dive computer once ... and then I found the guy who had lost it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I met my fiancee Merry at my favorite dive site.
PhilandMerry.jpg

My best ever find was a 19th century brass button with a crest on it.

One local dive instructor that I know (now retired) found a silver coin from the 18th century. The bugger will still not tell me where he found it.

My 1st dive after certification I found a 3-lb soft weight at Devil's Den, my 1st or 2nd ocean dive last month I found a pretty pink snorkel.....It belonged to a girl on the boat with me so gladly gave it to her.

Mike

I've found several old shipwrecks from the 17th century, including silver coins and other old artifacts. We even found an anchor from circa 1540 which was featured in Wreck Diving Magazine.

anchor in situ.jpgwhole anchor.jpgJC Anchor Stock.jpgcoins.jpg

I found a men's 18k gold wedding band. After several months of unsuccessfully trying to find the owner I sold it for the price of gold and paid for the diving on the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom