whats the difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it kind of looks like a refrigiratore on your back. It's semi closed, "I think", it's real expensive, it's ugly, it take 3 friends to help you put it on. Now that we have the pro's out of the way. I'll think of some con's... Nope couldn't think of any. "Get a Buddy Insperation", it's less expensive, it's closed circut, it can do mixed gases, it weighs less, and you can put it on yourself.

Originally posted by Mario S Caner
Well, if you've got about $7800 burning a hole in your pocket, the top dog is the Steam Machines, Prism Topaz :D

Actually, from all the rebreathers I have seen the best is the INFINITO 888 (its based on the UT-240) by powerbreath in Milan its a mere 18K+, has a full onboard deco computer that can handle, nitrogen, helium and neon.

I know someone who has been involved in the development and testing and is paid (big $$$) by Powerbreath to train users (so far mostly military.)

Originally posted by tekdiver1
Well, it [Halcyon 80] kind of looks like a refrigiratore on your back.
It's the old Halcyon that's nicknamed the refrigerator. The new one (RB80) is the size of an AL80, hence its name.

The outboard cylinders can be anything from AL30s up to Steel 120s depending on duration required. Yes, that setup with dual 120s would be big again, but dual AL30s would be a nice package.

Call it $10k including training.

Roak

(http://www.halcyon.net/rebreather/index.shtml)

Roak

Back
Top Bottom