Whats the easiest way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At my LDS some of the GUYS where panti hose and sware it's better than a skin.
I'll stick to my skin, thanks...

are you sure the wet suit is the only thing those guys at the lds with pantyhose are tryin' to slip into?lol.... i found that if the water isnt too cold put it on in the water...it slides rite on & i dont get as hot as when its dry.

Since I live in the UK the waters rather cold for putting it on in the water :cold: max temp so far i`ve dived in is 20 deg C burrrr thats in the summer

Being a little on the heavy side it isn't easy getting into the wetsuit. The method I use is similar to the ones described earlier. I get the leggings up to my knees and the work from there. The hardest part is below my knees. About the jacket, its a completely different story, just but my arms in and work, work, work. My fingers are usually cramping when the complete suit is on (7mm legging+jacket) and then it is time for the gloves. I'm getting a drysuit as fast as I can! =)

Some wetsuits have a really furry soft lining on the inside and this really helps slide them on when they are dry or wet. My 5mm wetsuit glides right on when it's wet. It's made by Neptune and I got in in Oz. I think other makes offer this type of lining though. Check it out when you are looking for a new wetsuit. It also adds warmth and feels really lovely against your skin :wink:

Also - wetsuits shrink after a lot of use and drying out in the sun (so avoid leaving them in the sun!) and they become harder and harder to get into especially the 5 mm and thicker ones.... that can be a problem too! Or maybe I just got bigger and bigger??!! :D

Plastic grocery bags--or storage bags--will help sliding the suit on past your feet and hands. I use them to get my 11 year old into his wetsuit.

In case that nothing helps, including wearing this under running water (shower, preferably hot), you might want to try using a mixture of 50%-70% water and 30%-50% hair conditioner.

It is like using liquid soap, but less iritating. This will make the suit go on much easier.

Ari :)

HI, Thanks for the advice, I got wet to day, my first deep sea dive :eek:ut: and im going on monday for a beach dive, got my suit on the washing line in a slight breeze so hope fully that will do the trick to get it dry:)

I have a two piece 7mm semi-dry that is very snug and I was actually tearing the suit at the shoulders putting it on and taking it off all the time. Another diver gave me a can of silicone spray to try, the kind you would buy at your LDS, and it really made a difference. I have also seen people use baby powder. To my knowledge neither is harmful to neoprene. A new drysuit cured the problem for me. :D

woof

Back
Top Bottom