What's the history of Aqualung single hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amigos,

One of my vintage single hoses is the US Divers Conshelf XI shown below. I think the main difference was the old style exhaust tee and I think this one has the larger 1" exhaust valve in it (???)

Would have to take it off and take a gander, can't remember now.

The guy who has serviced all my US Divers and modern Aqualung regs put a newer style yoke on it but I can tell you it breathes great even on a 3000 PSI tank.....

I got reproduction US Divers purge button stickers from a friend as the original had peeled off.

I even offered this one for sale awhile back as I have a few too many regs :(

(Email me if interested, I might consider selling it again :)

As far as vintage single hose regulators I've also owned a Conshelf VI, an original unbalanced diaphragm Calypso and a few others. the US Divers all metal second stages and simplicity are great.....

My other favorite is a Voit Swimaster MR12 which was the first regulator I owned when starting diving in 1969. That one is mint and breathes super too!!!

All in fun :)

dhaas

Attachments

• USDiversConsehlfFirstStage.jpg
    USDiversConsehlfFirstStage.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 112
  • USDIversConshelfXI.jpg
    USDIversConshelfXI.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 134
  • USDiversConshelfXIsecondview.jpg
    USDiversConshelfXIsecondview.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 105