What's the mission?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some help. Here's the scenario. My buddy and I are climbing out of a shore dive a couple of weeks ago - snow & ice setting in -and a couple wander up timidly to inquire what we're doing. Recreational diving was obviously not what they thought was happening and we looked like serious somber citizens (well, I'm the somber one, my buddy is the serious looking one - he could scare a biker bar into silence but inside that 6'4", 240lb Polar Bear is a gentle soul & a great sense of humour).

Now the humour, we were still shaking off the cold and huffing up the hill so we were both stumped to respond. Seconds later we started hitting our stride however,

"No bodies today..."
"Damn, somebody moved the treasure"
"Keeping the world safe..."
"Just on maneuvers..."
"Just checking out a shark sighting..."

Give me some more ideas people. This opportunity is just too precious to spoil next time (Maybe this is just a Northern thing - people think there's got to be a REALLY important reason your in the water with snow and ice floating around).

tinman once bubbled...
Give me some more ideas people. This opportunity is just too precious to spoil next time (Maybe this is just a Northern thing - people think there's got to be a REALLY important reason your in the water with snow and ice floating around).

"Had to add some more weight to my ex-wife, Pesky body keeps floating to the surface..."

"I TOLD you this wasnt the the way to the Jacuzzi at the Hilton!"

"We got kicked outta the polar bear club for going nakey, so we are setting bear traps in the lake to get even."

"Sorry, folks, we're not at liberty to say. Hey, do you guys live (dramatic pause) around here?"

How about:

"The sump pump in my basement broke. The house is down there somewhere."

NJ Wreck Finder once bubbled...
We always use Dihydrogen Monoxide research.

dive safe,

d

I like that one, I may have to borrow it...

in Florida and surfaced here!

Or...

we lost a bet...ok?

or...

I was having an argument with my "girlfriend/wife/SO" on the beach last night and she tossed my car keys in the lake. Man, that's cold eh?

"well how do YOU go ice fishing???"

"The cop told us we couldn't piss in the water. We showed him."

"I'd never seen fish play hockey before."

"Yer right, the bodies on that wreck now DO make it worth diving in the cold. Those tourism guys think of everything!"

"That was much better than trying to keep the body in the freezer. I shoulda thought of that last time."

"Those ice fishermen are sure in for a surprise this year."

"Did he really think the skidoo would make it all the way across?"

"I don't care, if the sub damages that think one more time I'm NOT coming back to fix it again."

"They need to make an intake that doesn't get clogged with bodies that way."

"Good idea, that was much easier than going through a messy divorce."

"We're scouting locations for a new TV show, 'Baywatch North'"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom