What's the most unpopular benign/non-polarizing opinion you hold re: diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a soft spot in my heart for nefariously turning my buddy into a scooter when he is not looking. :rofl3: Could be cold water, could be the sunny warm reef, doesn't really matter to me.

I enjoy the quiet satisfaction of floating just above him, and gripping his tank strap gently and enjoying the view while he unknowingly labors to propel us both through the water. Once he catches on, and gives me his clearly stern and disapproving look through his mask, I use a special hand signal amid the vast quantity of bubbles my laughter creates which resembles rubbing the small of his back just in front of the buckle of my weight belt while my other hand waives high like I've just completed my 8 seconds in the rodeo.

I am not certain that even to this day he knows I am trying to pay him homage and say "thank you for the ride", but I recall hearing once that it was the thought that counts. :monkeydance:

BillCorinneHolzer.jpg

I have a soft spot in my heart for nefariously turning my buddy into a scooter when he is not looking. :rofl3: Could be cold water, could be the sunny warm reef, doesn't really matter to me.

@tbone1004 does this when he's doing OW training at NCSU. He's a slow swimmer, so any students that are too fast get remora-Tom (not a small guy, either) to both slow them down and prevent him from needing to keep up.

@tbone1004 does this when he's doing OW training at NCSU. He's a slow swimmer, so any students that are too fast get remora-Tom (not a small guy, either) to both slow them down and prevent him from needing to keep up.

FACT! It's a bit difficult if they are renting tanks without boots because grabbing the cam band can make you more noticeable but most of the shops up there have boots on their tanks so it makes life easy

:-D

I enjoy the quiet satisfaction of floating just above him, and gripping his tank strap gently and enjoying the view while he unknowingly labors to propel us both through the water. Once he catches on, and gives me his clearly stern and disapproving look through his mask, I use a special hand signal amid the vast quantity of bubbles my laughter creates which resembles rubbing the small of his back just in front of the buckle of my weight belt while my other hand waives high like I've just completed my 8 seconds in the rodeo.

I am not certain that even to this day he knows I am trying to pay him homage and say "thank you for the ride", but I recall hearing once that it was the thought that counts. :monkeydance:

omg I love this! And you reminded me of something else I like to do which people find strange. I like to engage in old school movie-style martial arts underwater reminiscent of this oldie, but goodie:

I challenge my opponent to a fight (& his utter confusion), & then kick his ass with my superior "skills."

Back
Top Bottom