What's the small strap above your tank strap for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had I posted a pic of me in this thread, it would have been this one:
bite-me.jpg

oops, that's not me either.... :wink:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Glad we still can discuss scuba stuff on this board.:lotsalove:

You dive?

I do,just came back.But seeing your post history.:confused:
You don't seem to.:popcorn:

Heck since you seem to live here,I wonder if that ORANGE would not suit you.:rofl3:

:popcorn:

I've been diving a long, long time. Wasn't aware that posting on ScubaBoard in your spare time is a bad thing. Wanna compare logbooks?:lotsalove:

You have spare time.:shocked2:
I have to post between work and dives.:D
Heck work is dives or diveshop.:lotsalove:

What is that small strap above your main tank used for? Should it be left loose, or tightened to your first stage?

Thanks.

On ScubaPro BC it is a drying out strap to be used to hang the BC on a peg instead of having to use a hanger (i.e. resort rental gear)

It can be used to help hold the BC while securing the cam strap but one disadvantage of using it will be the inability to drop a diver's tank but leave the BC on them during an in-water Rescue.

Hope this helps.

Then why would it be adjustable if it was just a hanging strap?

ScubaPro are known for their solid overcenter latches .. mine is so good that I don't even wet it any more (still test it though) ... and if you come over and shake my single strap knighthawk BC and the tank moves/wobbles/feels even the slightest bit less stable than a two strap one .. I'll buy you a beer

Back
Top Bottom