whats the water like at falling rock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surface around 80, 40' was around 57 according to my computer two weeks ago. Viz was excellent for the quarry (no one was there).

I was at the Quarry yesterday and it was great. Temp. was cold below about 25 feet. Above that it's great. At 35 feet it's cold. Visiblity was great, I look forward to going again soon.

I dont recall any numbers but the vis and temp was excellent today.

My wife and I made our first visit to Falling Rock Park on 7-19 with another couple. We really liked the park and the facilities and it is very convenient to home. The only issue was the vis - we had about 5 feet average for our two dives.

We entered by the New Horizons shelter and there weren't many other divers - just a small class on the other side of the quarry and another couple that showed up after our first dive. The goal for the trip was to shake down some equipment and we accomplished that successfully (and also brushed up on our navigation and buddy skills):D

Could some of you regulars fill me in on what "normal" vis might be?

My wife and I made our first visit to Falling Rock Park on 7-19 with another couple. We really liked the park and the facilities and it is very convenient to home. The only issue was the vis - we had about 5 feet average for our two dives.

We entered by the New Horizons shelter and there weren't many other divers - just a small class on the other side of the quarry and another couple that showed up after our first dive. The goal for the trip was to shake down some equipment and we accomplished that successfully (and also brushed up on our navigation and buddy skills):D

Could some of you regulars fill me in on what "normal" vis might be?

If you didn't lose your buddy then the vis was good this time of year. Oh wait, I dive like a drowning cat so my buddies lose me. During the season some times you're lucky to see your guage. Early and late in the season you can see Jen not there. Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

Unfortunately what you saw is pretty normal about this time of the year. There has been a lot of classes in the last few weeks so it's pretty stirred up. Early and late in the season have much better visibility. If you have a drysuit it's pretty spectacular in the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom