What's up with Delta ???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I get on line last night and purchase $1500 worth of tickets from Delta to Bonaire for this Sept 09.

This afternoon at work a workmate says hey rich come over and look at this. He has found an article on the internet where Delta is saying they plan to cut 13% or more of their "overseas" flights....guess when....Sept 09.

I sent Delta an email asking if Bonaire was included and if so what happens to my money (like they are really going to be accurate at this point) but I am reluctant to commit to a hotel if I cant get my money back if Delta does me over.

Why cant this ever be easy???

Last edited:
Most of the reductions to the Caribbean have already been announced. The new cuts will be primarily in the TATL and South America sectors.

Bonaire flights out of Atlanta fly on Saturdays at 0935. I don't see that there will be any reduction in that market though nothing is sacred.

They have dropped the Tuesday/Wednesday flights to Aruba starting on the 8th. I was booked on a flight for the 16th and they had no problem rebooking me to another flight of my choice.

I would suggest though that you monitor your itinerary as schedule changes this far out are a foregone conclusion.

Hi Jack....(dont say that on an airplane)...

I am hoping things will work out. Liz in Bonaire is pretty confident she and some others in the tourism "department" would know if they were being cut. The Bonaire run is suppose to be a profitable one. Works for me.

Now if I can just find someone who want to go so I can have a dive buddy.....and it quit raining so I can build my dang deck and gazebo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom