What's your Fav Cave Diving place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic_Diver

Scubaboard Enthusiast
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just curious to see the responses:

A: Devils Ear/ Eye/ Little Devil/ Ginnie Cavern

B: Jackson Blue

C: Peacock Springs

D: Other... (please list)

My favorite, first and only cave dive was in Germany a long time ago with my brother (both teenagers, neither of us certified). We thought it would be cool to explore the shafts of a fenced-off copper mine on top of a mountain that had not been used for five centuries. We hauled tanks in there and a home-made light that had a salad bowl for a glass dome. I remember my brother going first into a shaft and silting it out so bad that I stayed in the flooded basin and didn't follow him into the shaft. After a few minutes, he emerged from a different shaft nearby. If you now ask how we can still be alive, I don't know. :D

Jackson Blue and Other: Hole in the Wall Downstream

I'm really enjoying some of the Leon County/Wakulla County cave system right now.

Jackson Blue is easily my favorite easy access cave.

Khao Sok
Sra Keow
Song Hong
Devil's Bath
Reappearing River,
Minigill.

D: Mexico :D

1- Buford springs (cavern)
2- Devils, white room and, believe it or not, the gallery. I LOVE thinking about how much I hated the gallery on my first cave dive, and how the flow has gotten "weaker" every dive! My first 2 cave dives there when I took intro (and failed, twice lol!), we didn't even get to the lips. After retaking basic with another instructor who actually taught his students how to manage the flow, I remember checking my gauge and still having around 300psi left (diving to 1/6 of doubles). I remember thinking to myself how much fun I was having, and how cave diving was all I hoped it would be. From then on, the rest of the class was a blast, no mater lights out, air sharing, etc, nothing stopped it from being fun.....not sure if I like the beauty of that room, or the memories of that one dive. It was certainly the first one where everything kind of came together and I finally felt confident I was ready to pass a cave class, plus knowing I had chose the right instructor for me this time. I've never had a dive where it wasn't 100% fun since then, training dives included.

Jackson Blue is VERY cool as well. Unfortunately my only trip there was during a cave class, so I haven't gotten a chance to just go explore it at my own pace.

I agree -- the Gallery is really very beautiful, with the colors and the sculpting. I'm glad it is, because I've never gotten to see a whole lot more there :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom