whats your id name mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...
Well, lessee...
"Rick" is short for "Richardson" - my middle name, which means son of Richard - Richard means "Lion hearted, brave." Murchison is the Anglicazation of "MacMurdaich", or, loosly "Son of Murdock" - Murdock being the Celtic term for "Seaman"...
Rick

boring answer - initials of my name - I like Rick "son of seaman" Murchison's explanation best!!

Just signify's my wanting more of everything and it was a name that I use on other boards so I don't have to keep more UserID's in my overtaxed brain.

Geeze I thought I had posted here before--- oh well too many boards that I linger in the shadows.

Just the name of a native fish (it's a Maori name, and it's kinda like a sea trout or salmon). It was a name I'd be certain nobody else would've chosen.
That's my story :rfish:

Not surprisingly it's because I'm Welsh. There aren't that many of us and much as I like the English, it's nice to be different. The same is true of most Celts, for whatever reason we always feel we have more in common with the Irish and the Scots (they say the Welsh were just the Irish who could swim).

My mother is from Newport. I am David thanks to Mom and the patron saint of Wales. Dafydd is the Welsh version of David.

Dafydd

I take it that you celebrate St David's Day on March 1.

I lived in Cardiff for many years, about 10 miles down the road from Newport.

Many Welsh people have emigrated to the USA. My great grandfather emigrated to Colorado in the late 1800s to work as a miner and my grandfather was born in the USA. If my great grandfather hadn't contracted "miner's lung" and returned to Wales I expect I'd be a US citizen. He mined in Silverton, Colorado.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom