What's your must-have dive trinket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We all love to bash on the guy at the beach who's geared up like a christmas tree. You know the stuff; it sits in the under $15 bin at the shop, and gets pushed on divers as they pick up their certification cards. After the first dozen or so dives, the bulk of it gets shed, but we all have that one trinket on our rig that we couldn't live without. For me, it's my cheap fin clip that clips onto my chest d-ring. For $10, it vastly improves beach entries.

What's your must-have scuba trinket?

A blow gun that hooks on my lp hose. Great for blowing A SMB or lift bag without needing to intentionally free flow a regulator.

I have a gauge retractor that defines me. Debbie has her "pinger," a 12 inch long aluminum rod with a hole in one end for a lanyard to secure the pinger to her wrist. She uses it to tap her tank to get others' attention, and to sword fight with lobsters.
DivemasterDennis

Airbuddy.

N

I have a gauge retractor that defines me. Debbie has her "pinger," a 12 inch long aluminum rod with a hole in one end for a lanyard to secure the pinger to her wrist. She uses it to tap her tank to get others' attention, and to sword fight with lobsters.
DivemasterDennis

All the Divemasters in Roatan where I got certified carried one. Some even two. I kind of thought it was cool... always wanted to get one myself.

The "pinger" that is.

In the under $15 class, I'd list my finkeepers. They have made every dry suit I've owned more comfortable.

My cat collar. OK...didn't get it at a scuba shop but it works!. My BCD doesn't have a chest strap and my shoulder straps kept slipping off my shoulders a bit. So in Coz last November I went to Mega and bought a cat collar (because it's sturdy, small, and has a good clasp...and it was cheap), attached two brass rings to my BCD and strung the collar thru them, and hooked the clasp. Perfect! No more shoulder slippage! Cost: collar $3.95. Already had the rings.

LaserStik.jpg

One of these, it is for that night dive, the battery last a long time and no more of those cyalume sticks to throw away.

My muck stick which is what I assume is being labelled a pinger...new one is bright red with cm markings on it which makes Nudi ID easier....and I like the deep magenta color it turns at depth. And one glove.

A tiny rubber Scubapro jet fin that fits on my keychain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom