what's your ultimate gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, unfortunately, this is alot like asking what's the best vehicle? Corvette! But I'm trying to haul sheet rock, then a Pickup truck. But I also want to go off road, then 4 wheel drive... etc.

Same problem with scuba gear. What works for one person is not good for someone else, so it's really best to get with someone who will take the time to ask the questions to figure out what you need. Ice diving? Cave? Recreational? Traveling? Cold water? Warm?

I'm pretty much an 80 cubed diver now. I prefer 80 degrees, 80 ft depth, and 80 ft vis. That means I'm traveling to Cozumel, Cayman, Palau etc. I wear a Zeagle Brigade, Atomic B2 reg, Hyperstretch 3 mil suit, Aeris AI computer, and the best mask for my big nose is a Tusa Splendive IV, and I know it will probably kill me, but I've got an atomic SS1 octo inflator and carry a spare air. It's amazing I'm still alive! No apeks, suunto or backplate! Radical! :11:

rubbachicken:
cool i'm almost afraid to ask, "what will they come up with next" :wink:
I seem to remember something about the Jetfins actually being downsized to just Jet (engines) :D...oh wait, that was a scubadiving magazine article... :wink:

Ok..let's see..

A 3mm full suit
My new Mares Abyss 2005 and my alt. reg bungied on a necklace
a rear inflation BC (BP/W preferrable, but I'll stick with my Oceanic Pro-Tour)
my Atmos 2 on my right arm
My Seavision mask
and........
Oh yes...My Jetfins! (untill they invent those jet engines)

DiveRite Transpac w travel wing
Atomic T1
Suunto Stinger & Suunto D9 or Oceanic Atom or SP Air Z
Atomic fins
Terrapin custom made wetsuit
Oceanic Shadow mask
AND I carry a Spare Air!
AL 80
OR
Halcyon BP and wing
Atomic T's, B's and M's. Oceanic O2 reg.
Bare trilam drysuit
Jet fins
Oceanic Shadow mask
Faber 108's
HID 18 light

I love my Mako Scooter. Pull the trigger-whirrrrrrrrrrrrr- hey, I'm a submarine. Trailing behind the scooter is great, if only I could get the fishing captains phrase out of my head. "Big baits for big fish"

Those H.U.D. masks by oceanic are pretty cool.

My one concern though,

I've never lost my computer when it is part of my gauge set, but I have lost my mask between dives, 2 or 3 times (maybe it's just me). Hmmm, this could get a little expensive

Ultimate dive gear? Let's see: Ok I'd like three (3) of everything out on the market. This way I could sell one to you guys who claim it is the very best, I could sell the second one to you after you lose the first one and the third one I'll sell to your friend that you've convinced really needs your gear that you claim is the very best.
Actually, I'm a little more simple, give me a Sporasub Spartak mask, C4 Falcon Long blades and a Mosquito and i am in ultimate Heaven.

Would living in Bonaire count?

Agreed that a mask that fits.

I like split fins and they where on sale. (sherwood) though my first fin allowed me to drop three pounds of lead (US diver Rocket fins)

oceanic computer

Aqualung legend L/X (I NEVER dive cold water) or Apeks whatever

steel 100's.

Wetsuit that is on sale shorty with a farmer john and vested hood just in case.

whatever booties with tread on bottom

any kind actual titanium knife (real titanium not COATED)

I'd like to have one of those lift bag "diver down" sausages that I've been seeing.

Riffe Speargun

86' Hatteress set up as a dive boat with on board compressor and nitrox blender.

On board deco tank and doctor.

On board brass pole and strippers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom