When a bad day turns out rather well :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapauly

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently went for a fresh water dive to take some pictures of a couple of the clubs divemaster trainees. They were working on their map projects and I offered to take a few pics to go with their maps. I was armed with my camera gear and a few sets of spare batteries. All the batteries had been cycle charged as usual and should (note the word should) have been ready to use. Imagine my horror as we got under and to the wrecks in question only for me to find that the camera powered up fine but the strobe was dead :(
I changed tactic and went wide angle with no strobe to see what if anything I could salvage from the dive. Got the pics on the pc and they were really green and horrible. I'd seen some really nice wreck photography online that was in black and white so I dropped the colour out of the pics and turned them into greyscales.
The results are attached. I think the day turned out well in the end. :eyebrow:

Turn out very well!!
Can you show one with the green effect to see the difference?

There ya go.

The green looks like home to me:)

ScubaPauly,

Nice shots. I'm curious, when converting images to b&w have you ever experimented with adding a little "red" after you have converted the image to greyscale?

I don't profess to be any kind of photoshop expert and this may not fit your taste but here is your original image and then your image modified by changing the image to RGB and then adding a very small amount of red.

fins:
ScubaPauly,

Nice shots. I'm curious, when converting images to b&w have you ever experimented with adding a little "red" after you have converted the image to greyscale?

I don't profess to be any kind of photoshop expert and this may not fit your taste but here is your original image and then your image modified by changing the image to RGB and then adding a very small amount of red.

Not tried adding red to the images, hadn't occured to me to be honest. looks a bit different. Might have a look on some of my other black and whites see what sort of difference it makes. Not sure if I like it or not yet lol. But thanks for the suggestion.

Jetwrench:
The green looks like home to me:)
Ditto! Both versions are great, thanks for sharing them.

Really nice pics. I've never dived an airplane, that looks just too fun.

Actually even if green they are nice...

Yeah, out of the same frustration, but a short in the strobe "inside pig tail' I figured the same thing... it works... (several other threads on this..) but some don't like them so it's a matter of taste.. I like'em... think they're kewl...
http://www.poolesdive.com/gallerys/sunshine/index_6.htm
just a few and if you catch their spot lights??? Waaay kewl.. I think anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom