When a moderator knocks....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LioKai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Had a moderator on my boat last night for the manta dive. I looked at the list of names for the charter and I asked Rick Inman if he had been diving with us before, since I was sure I knew his name from somewhere. Ahh Yes, no wonder I had a cold chill, he's a moderator for scubaBoard.

For those who have not yet met Rick, he is a very happy easy going guy with a perpetual smile, even when the salt spray is soaking his ice cold blue skin. Self sufficent diver in need of some better gear. I like you Rick, but it is about time to take that set of gear and trade it for a horse, then take the horse out and shoot it. HAHAHA

The entire dive group from the north west was fun last night. All were great people, even Dan. Big swells for Hawaii but they thought it was no big deal, (we lost a side door off the boat). Most of all, this group was conciderably more eco friendly than most people, for example they did not handle the octopus, or try to feed the eel, or touch the mantas, and they only pet the urchins on the tips of the spines. Come back again Rick, that was fun, and feel free to leave Dan and his multitude of light sticks at home.

Capt. Matthew D'Avella

Glad to hear that Rick is having a good time in Kona. He didn't strangle himself on that long hose, did he? :)

Thanks for the heads up. He should be here on Thursday....he forgot to get in touch before he left...

Matthew, where have you been hiding? Nice little report there. It's good Rick knows he is being watched.

I'm not hiding, I read almost every night. Been busy putting together my video presentation from the Marshall Islands. I spent a month there in 2004 as a captain and DM on a live-aboard. I'm showing the final production on the night of March 22 at the Sheraton in Keauhou Kona. Open seating, wanna come? Thought about contacting the Oahu chapter of SB last Friday but my time on your very wet island was tight.

Rick asked me to pass along the info that he doesn't have internet service on the island.

oh, interesting project! wish I could....
I was just over there on your side at the Kelly Slater thing.

Obviously, you haven't met Rick. Or Bob. Or Uncle Pug. Or . . .

I was funnin' back :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom