When can we dive Atlantis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about the reef project, but did you see the Maui Dental Program vid?

So funny, our Dive Master on Maui also did the same "demo" for our boat group, I laughed so hard I flooded my mask.

draperb@hcsmail.com:

This has some great information but it does not say which dive companies take boats out to the reef. Do you know the websites for these?

The Cleaner Shrimp video is very cool, i've heard of Organic treatments but that is taking it to the extreme!
:D

I just called them and they said that they are in the process of putting structure into place and that charters should start visiting the site in about 4-5 months.

Here we go, cut down the trees, put up a parking lot. Soon Wal Mart will open a store underwater beside it so you can buy film.

It is a stupid and environmentally dangerous and ultimately selfish idea.

N

No good deed goes unpunished.

The tires to reefs program never really even looked good on paper and had a good deal of well reasoned opposition in the various locations where they have been deployed. Even first year engineering students know that you cannot create a permanent reef in the volatile sea with objects that are prone to move around.

Concrete structures permanently fixed to the bottom would seem more appropriate and longer lasting (i.e. several decades.)

Note that in the long run nothing man made will ever stand the test of time against the sea. Wind and waves will always win as they have time on their side..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom