When does a project end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL!!!

ANY one of your above points, just makes you look like an inexperienced hack. Really, honestly, truly, not even one of your points even comes close to showing that you know dick about cave diving.

Pfff, you should get out of Florida, or is it Southern Alabama. I think this WKP team diving is affecting your judgment. I prefer the Cenotes in Mexico anyway

Especially Marianna?? Really? You can't just a place based on your limited experience in the front of Jackson Blue, Twin, and Hole in the Wall. There are dozens more caves in the Marianna area and miles more passage in the back of those 3 systems, and most of the caves/passages are not roomy with way better visibility and there's even passage without line run in it. Yes, even in those 3 caves.

While the logistics of getting to a wreck site may be more involved, planning an exploration cave dive is even more involved than that.

I get the planning involved. I enjoy exercising my mind, but I am not looking to make a career out of cave diving. I have a career already. I dive to enjoy the visual experience. I have limited time outside of work to enjoy diving and get more bang per foot of cave in Mexico. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of cave I still want to see in Florida too. In fact, there's a whole lot of cave to see before I start pushing someone's line or diving muddy rivers looking for virgin cave.

Last edited:
In fact, there's a whole lot of cave to see before I start pushing someone's line or diving muddy rivers looking for virgin cave.

Then why are you whining about someone supposedly limiting your access? Or being courteous and asking to work together with an existing team or group?

Then why are you whining about someone supposedly limiting your access? Or being courteous and asking to work together with an existing team or group?

Where am I whining about no access? I was trying to understand a thread elsewhere. If I chimed in there I get the same butthurt individuals responding. I think I responded a couple of times that I am not interested in joining a team right now. You folks are reading in way too much, but it gives me a great deal of info on who you are :wink: I mean no disrespect and I take no hurt from this. All good info

Pfff, you should get out of Florida, or is it Southern Alabama. I think this WKP team diving is affecting your judgment. I prefer the Cenotes in Mexico anyway

Are you knocking me because I don't dive solo, or because I dive in the Wakulla Karst Plain, or is it both?

Why should I get out of Florida? I've lived in both Southern Alabama and the Florida panhandle, the beach stretches out a bit more in FL - but its mostly the same... better than south florida, that'd be like moving to New York. There's so much to dive here, there's a huge variety of caves... I mean we have Jackson Blue, Ginnie Springs, Peacock, what on Earth else would I need?

Where am I whining about no access?
Your last several posts scream butthurt.
I was trying to understand a thread elsewhere.
What thread? Link?
I think I responded a couple of times that I am not interested in joining a team right now.
Too bad. With all 7 of your cave dives, you'd bring a lot to the table.

Why should I get out of Florida? I've lived in both Southern Alabama and the Florida panhandle, the beach stretches out a bit more in FL - but its mostly the same... better than south florida, that'd be like moving to New York. There's so much to dive here, there's a huge variety of caves... I mean we have Jackson Blue, Ginnie Springs, Peacock, what on Earth else would I need?

Simple answer, variety. There are caves globally you should add to your experience. You might just enjoy something outside of Florida and find your answer. Your world seems to revolve around Florida and team diving. I'm not a fan of team diving or DIR because the responses I get are black and white only one way is right. The Solo guys seem to be more creative. You cannot team dive or buddy dive every cave.

This gives me a good idea for another post and, hopefully, a variety of opinion.

Simple answer, variety. There are caves globally you should add to your experience. You might just enjoy something outside of Florida and find your answer. Your world seems to revolve around Florida and team diving. I'm not a fan of team diving or DIR because the responses I get are black and white only one way is right. The Solo guys seem to be more creative. You cannot team dive or buddy dive every cave.

This gives me a good idea for another post and, hopefully, a variety of opinion.
Which part of Matt's post make you think he adheres to DIR principles?

Simple answer, variety. There are caves globally you should add to your experience. You might just enjoy something outside of Florida and find your answer. Your world seems to revolve around Florida and team diving.

I'm positive I'd enjoy diving outside of Florida.

The fact of the matter is, you have absolutely zero idea of what Florida cave diving has to offer. You're experience is zilch, nada, you flat out can't compute the variety and complexities of Florida cave diving.

Ontop of all that, you're pretty much an idiot. I'm not DIR, its pretty obvious you don't know what that is...

I'm positive I'd enjoy diving outside of Florida.

The fact of the matter is, you have absolutely zero idea of what Florida cave diving has to offer. You're experience is zilch, nada, you flat out can't compute the variety and complexities of Florida cave diving.

Ontop of all that, you're pretty much an idiot. I'm not DIR, its pretty obvious you don't know what that is...

I didn't call you DIR. Where'd you guys learn how to read. I heard you were part of WKPP now in another post and thought it was funny(paradox humorous). I DO read other posts for research. I prefer sidemount which contradicts DIR mentality. I don't believe there is only one right way. I am not a fan of DIR. Read the earlier post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom