When does it end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moonlight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When does buying new equipment end? I just started feeling comfortable in my wetsuit this summer and now I am going to try a drysuit. I suppose next I will be looking at backplates and wings! :11:

Never ends, get used to it. I've been diving for eight years and just this year I've bought
a dry suit, bp/wing and double steel tank package.....Ouch!!! I feel your pain.....

I guess I should add, I'm glad too see we have another off season diver soon
added to our ranks!

When does buying new equipment end? I just started feeling comfortable in my wetsuit this summer and now I am going to try a drysuit. I suppose next I will be looking at backplates and wings! :11:

Oh man, the fun has only just begun!

This year alone I've added two steel tanks, pony bottle and regulator, drysuit with all the accessories, O2 analyzer, canister light and a pool BC for my DM class work ... and that's just the BIG stuff. Next year better not be like this year or I'll be in the poor house!

It all depends on your frame of mind. You don't HAVE to have the latest and greatest. If you take care of your equipment and gear and it's reliable and safe why 'upgrade' ? New isn't always better. I can goes years without buying anything new. My biggest purchases in the past few years were a replacement wrist seal and a new backup light (last one flooded for the last time.)

Paula

It all depends on your frame of mind. You don't HAVE to have the latest and greatest. If you take care of your equipment and gear and it's reliable and safe why 'upgrade' ? New isn't always better. I can goes years without buying anything new. My biggest purchases in the past few years were a replacement wrist seal and a new backup light (last one flooded for the last time.)

Paula

Thanks Paula, glad to know that there is hope!

agreed - it never ends

just when you think everything is settled and you find the diving you like with the equipment you love someone says 'rebreather' and it all starts again!

cheers

But Paula,

Going from wet to dry really isn't an "upgrade." The op is not upgrading a wet suit but going to a different mind set on diving, going from warm water to cold water diving. I wish I had not got the bug for cold water diving, then I might have some vacation money left for some warm water trips!

But Paula,

Going from wet to dry really isn't an "upgrade." The op is not upgrading a wet suit but going to a different mind set on diving, going from warm water to cold water diving. I wish I had not got the bug for cold water diving, then I might have some vacation money left for some warm water trips!

Land Locked,

I totally agree on the wetsuit to drysuit change. I was answering more to the OP statement of "...I suppose next I will be looking at backplates and wings!". Some purchases definitely make diving more comfortable / nice. I just not a person that feels the need to buy the latest gadget out on the market.

Paula

I so understand what you are saying Paula. But I am going to a drysuit since the temp at 40 degrees was cold last march in my wetsuit. As far as buying bp/wing I see myself trying that in the future. I guess if this is the only vice I have then I am lucky.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom