When does Joes officially open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
So when does Joes officially open? I'm itching to do some diving. All I need is a few more pounds of weight to supplant my new two-piece 7mm wetsuit, and I'll be ready for the new season.

The last time I was at Joes, I saw two sunfish the size of dinner plates guarding a nest. Now that was pretty cool.

The Kentucky Derby is always the first Saturday in May. Joe opens the following weekend.

BTW, I saw a nice large catfish this past Sunday. Got within three feet of it.

DavidPT40:
So when does Joes officially open? I'm itching to do some diving. All I need is a few more pounds of weight to supplant my new two-piece 7mm wetsuit, and I'll be ready for the new season.

The last time I was at Joes, I saw two sunfish the size of dinner plates guarding a nest. Now that was pretty cool.

Drive up to BS this April 21. You can meet all hard core KPP divers...:D

He said something to me about the Derby not wanting the competition.....:D

:lol:

pennypue:
He said something to me about the Derby not wanting the competition.....:D

:lol:
BINGO!!! The derby folks asked him not to compete with them:D

wb416:
right.... how many thousands of folks attend the derby vs what... a couple of hundred that might show up at the quarry that day at most? :D hmmmmm....

... I guess I need to think about that some more... :eyebrow:

:rofl3:
All he has to do is start up some catfish racing with some available betting and odds through Vegas and BINGO, before you know it, the Derby will die out. It would be inevitable.

They're just trying to protect their legacy from upstart Quarry Catfish Racing. :)

Hmmm.... I thought that Joe's never closed.
Personally I think Joe doesn't officially open till after the Derby because he wants to sip on his mint julips. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom