When does PCB / gulf start warming up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vis was probably around 8-10ft.. (Im really bad at judging viz haha). Today was nice and sunny so that helped, but overall a great dive. It was my first salt/beach dive so i didnt really care about the cold haha

Dive conditions are excellent right now at the jetties. I would plan on it being cold for a while yet though. I love winter time diving in PCB and have been doing many dives every winter there for years. I'm still taking my open water students on dives there from timeto time, they handle it just fine in their wetsuits. Thee further out you go, the warmer it will be, but shore dives right now, I'm getting 49 on the surface, mid 50s at depth. Let me know if you come down and can't find a buddy, I am always willing to go jump in as long as I am not teaching.

Dive conditions are excellent right now at the jetties. I would plan on it being cold for a while yet though. I love winter time diving in PCB and have been doing many dives every winter there for years. I'm still taking my open water students on dives there from timeto time, they handle it just fine in their wetsuits. Thee further out you go, the warmer it will be, but shore dives right now, I'm getting 49 on the surface, mid 50s at depth. Let me know if you come down and can't find a buddy, I am always willing to go jump in as long as I am not teaching.

Will Do Yarbrough. I'm toying with the idea of coming down in early March. I will keep you posted.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom