When flying to Cayman..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
When flying to Cayman did you ever sit by the plane window and look at the reef from the plane, there are some beautiful sights once you get past Cuba.
File0064.jpg

I love the different hues of blues
File0011.jpg

That is near Cayo Largo - the corridor takes you over there, close to Bay of Pigs then Cardenas/Varadero.

I remember the first time my wife and I flew into Grand Cayman. Spectacular views then and still fantastic now. We divers tend to look at the water with a different perspective than most of vacationeers. There are quite a few places I want to go back & visit as a diver that I had only seen before from the land - or a boat.

I recall the pilot urging everyone not to look out the windows when we flew over Cuba - gotta love a pilot with a sense of humor.....

John

The view from a single engine piston at 10k over the same corridor is really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom