When to pay for Divemaster Membership Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EmilyB

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I have recently qualified as a Divemaster (end of September) and am about to send off my certification docs… however I have heard the annual PADI membership fee to stay 'current' is valid from Jan 1 – Dec 31, therefore if I send my docs off now will I pay the full annual fee for only 2 months membership? How does the annual fee work? Should I wait until the end of December to send them off?

Thanks in advance! Emily

Back in the day they'd pro-rate it. I suspect they still do. Call them to be sure.

Yes call PADI for sure. Will you be working before Dec. 31? If not, why not just pay it Jan. 1?

I had to pay mine in full in September of 2014, no pro rate. I called PADI and they said I had to send it in within a certain time period after I finished the course. I meant to have the instructor sign it for after the new year but forgot to ask him.

If you send it in at the beginning of November it should be valid through to the end of December 2016. Ring them to make sure but they have done this in previous years with Divemaster and Instructor fees.

Ive sent mine off to padi asia pacific on the understanding I was paying for 15 months membership--ie to end of dec 2016

Back
Top Bottom