Where am I going to dive with Mantas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know when would yo like to do a march dive in PV i can make that happen let me know im still going in Dec. 23.

caymaniac:
Is Yap the only spot that I could be guaranteed to dive with Mantas, does anyone know other choices?
Thanks,
Caymaniac

The Big Island of Hawaii! I agree with OSB, if it is your first time dive with Jacks and try to be on Kellers boat. This man is part Manta.

If you have time for a second night dive with the Mantas...I would suggest diving with Big Island Divers...a smaller group.

PV was very good for Mantas. I dove with Mantas on 2 of 6 dives. Twin Dolphins was great to dive with! In Augest water was 84F beautiful.

caymaniac:
Is Yap the only spot that I could be guaranteed to dive with Mantas, does anyone know other choices?
Thanks,
Caymaniac

The BIG Island of Hawaii....

brother you want to see mantas and for sure mantas YAP is the plaece !

I saw Manat's in the similans and surins too. It was awesome. But I've been there twice and was thinking of going somewhere new.

I won't bubble anything....but thanks for caring....I do too.

TJO:
I have been lucky at Koh Bon in the Similans, Thailand. 6 dives there at 3 different trips and have seen mantas every time. The first time was spectacular. 3 big ones circling around us for 30 minutes. Noone even saw the sharks below us!

I have also been lucky at Manta Scamble in Ishigaki, Okinawa. 4 dives and lucky 3 times.

Good luck! and don't 'bubble' them

Mike Veitch:
Eh? Amazing photos of where and what? Don't leave us in suspense now...what's the site?

I still owe you the site Mike. Wow my posting really took off. I can tell that I'm not the only manta freak. Still don't know if I'm going. It seems like the trip would be too expensive, so I'm looking into Australia (though am still hoping). Here's the site I had found http://www.mantaray.com/

It seems like a nice place...and some of the pges have got very nice pics.

ChristyBug:
I still owe you the site Mike. Wow my posting really took off. I can tell that I'm not the only manta freak. Still don't know if I'm going. It seems like the trip would be too expensive, so I'm looking into Australia (though am still hoping). Here's the site I had found http://www.mantaray.com/

It seems like a nice place...and some of the pges have got very nice pics.

Hey Christy...

Ummm, did you look at my signature link? Thats kinda funny...
Now i have to admit most of the photos on there aren't mine though, but there will be a bunch soon as we are going to be redesigning the site

ChristyBug:
Still don't know if I'm going. It seems like the trip would be too expensive, so I'm looking into Australia (though am still hoping).

if your thinking about australia... check out Lady Elliott Island for mantas or if Nov/Apr i keep being told that Nth Stradbroke Island (Qld) has manta's (been twice but due to weather no luck yet so thats why we doing Yap).

as an aussie - we looked at going to Lady Elliott but in the end it cost only a little bit more for us to go to Yap (and visit Mike)... but for you with exchange rates, it might be much cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom