Where am I going to dive with Mantas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

January is mating season here in Yap....for the mantas that is...

Awesome diving with up to 30 mantas in a train, i would shoot for the end of the month. Mating season Jan-April.
For the non diver, the mantas are close to the surface and easily seen snorkeling. Kayaking, land/culture tours....

Mike Veitch:
January is mating season here in Yap....for the mantas that is...

Awesome diving with up to 30 mantas in a train, i would shoot for the end of the month. Mating season Jan-April.
For the non diver, the mantas are close to the surface and easily seen snorkeling. Kayaking, land/culture tours....

Oh my that sounds like a breath taking view. Thanks. I found a site meanwhile with amaaaaaaazing pictures. Lets see if I can talk my friend into it. Otherwise.....it's horseback riding in Argentina.

ChristyBug:
Oh my that sounds like a breath taking view. Thanks. I found a site meanwhile with amaaaaaaazing pictures. Lets see if I can talk my friend into it. Otherwise.....it's horseback riding in Argentina.

Eh? Amazing photos of where and what? Don't leave us in suspense now...what's the site?

Try Puerto Vallarta. We have lots of encounters with big Mantas at a lot of the dive sites there.

diver denis it cool in PV ive dove PV meny times you do see some mantas not like yap at the cleaning station this man wants to see mantas dont have him go to PV for a disapointment i know you are trying to promote your friend biz out there but dont do the man that way well if you want to see other life pargo, mantas But not often very scarce its a flip of a coin, perit fish, turtles , lots of colerful life out at PV , and when you are spending big buck to vacation and you want to see mantas yap.
if you want to see mantas yap cleaning station look up "yap divers" thay will take care of you also sharks vally of the sarks ask to go there now you will see meny world war 2 remenence do not take then out thay will hold court then and there and posibly kick you from the island enjoy
enjoy your hunt to be with the megnificent creter

Hi Gandhi. You should come to PV in March and April when we see Mantas almost every day. It was good to talk to you before you left and we will dive together the next time you are down. I'm leaving for Yap and Palau for a month in the middle of November. I know you were there and it sounds great. I've been in touch with Mike Veitch and will be diving with him.

diver denis so that was you i remember talking to you befeor i left PV Im going back out there to PV on dec. 23 to Dec. 30n 2005 see you there if you are there let me know if you are going to be there and we can go out. on a dive. you know me i have to have my private vesal i dont like going out with lots of part time divers Sorry folks no offence . well dennis its like this i have been out to PV in march like i said you do see mantas but not like yap and like i said its a toss of a coin to see the mantas and dive with them i hope you agree its elusive in PV well take care

Hello again Gandhi. You're right, I have not been to Yap and Mike Veitch has told me it's great there during January when they start mating. I'll be in Yap the last week of November and then at the end of January to compare. I'm afraid I won't be in PV over Christmas as our Yap, Palau, Truk trip will end on December 22nd and I'll be in Canada until the 10th of January. Let Gio know when you will be back in PV and we'll dive. We can split the cost of the boat as I know you always go private. Take care, Dennis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom